Spillage

By haytia22 - 24/07/2009 05:01 - United States

Today, I learned that when your gas nozzle does not automatically stop by itself the way it's supposed to, they will continue to charge your credit card as the gas overflows out of your tank until someone notices and yells, "Turn the gas off!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 343
You deserved it 52 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ashole1990 10

that is why you aren't supposed to leave your car unattended while you are pumping gas of course i'm assuming you left it, because i think only an idiot wouldnt notice this that is also a possibility though :]

YDI for not paying attention. You deserve to be charged extra for endangering everyone around you.

Comments

YDI!!! You're not suppose to walk away from it when your pumping gas!

OP probably only knows how to do one thing when she spots a nozzle...

We know she is not from New Jersey. Is she was, she would have been using a short hose and siphoning the gas from another car...

I live in NJ. In new jersey self gasoline pumps are illegal. I think it should be illegal in all states .

In NJ you steal gas tankers and sell fuel from boarder-up warehouses...

LOLLOL, btw if someone doesn't c that his/her gas tank is overflowing they r ******* retarded

No, I like pumping my own gas. I'm sorry, but I live in Delaware and when I see people from New Jersey stare helplessly at the pumps on their way to the beach, I'm glad I live in a state where I'm allowed to do something as easy as pump my own gas. I understand it creates jobs and all, but it just seems like such a hassle.

What the heck is the reasoning behind that law? Just seems moronic

so more people can have jobs because nj is over crowded. personally i cant wait till i drive out of state so i can pump my own gas.

It's illegal to pump your own gas in Jersey.

That is why you do it manually not automatically BIATCH!!!

lizz1234 0

yeah i've done it manually and it still managed to overflow a bit.

If you stayed by the pump, this wouldn't have happened. Yet another FML that makes me roll my eyes and be ashamed of my sex...jeez.

#82, we know not ALL women are that dumb. I'll be this chick likes to talk on her cell while she's driving too.

lizz1234 0

what exactly does being a woman have to do with anything? i see this kind of thing happen to a lot of people..not just women. and i'm assuming you're a guy, therefore you're more likely to get into an accident than any of us women here :)

Now, recall they said 'Wonam' drivers. Clearly, they don't mean women.

letitbe56 0

I'm a woman, but I have to tell you...women actually do get into more accidents per hour than men. The reason men pay higher insurance is because men are more likely to total their cars and/or someone else's car.

"women actually do get into more accidents per hour than men" That's a stupid statistic... It could just be that there are more women driving than men in a given hour... Which could explain why women would get into more accidents: More drivers = More accidents. For example, if there are 100 women drivers on the road and only 3 men, it's likely that in an hour, the women will get into more accidents than the men... Not all women are bad drivers - That's a really horrible stereotype... OP - YDI for not being attentive, but FYL because it didn't stop itself. Here in CA, I've never seen or heard of a pump not stopping before...

letitbe56 0

That is on average. It means that in any given hour, more women will get into accidents than men. Moreover, at any given time, more men will be on the road, and men are more likely than women to drive long distances. However, men are 70% more likely to get into an accident that results in a fatality than women are. I'm not arguing that women are bad drivers; I'm just correcting the poster above who said that men get into more accidents, which, unfortunately for our argument, is not true.