Reminder

By Sigh - 13/09/2009 12:42 - Australia

Today, I went to visit my parents. Dad went on a religious tirade, and Mum got sick of him and pelted a Brazil nut at his head. Dad then lost his shit, and told Mum to go to her room and pray. I now remember why I moved out of home in the first place. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 718
You deserved it 3 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

netbeui435 3

the holier than thou ones are the worst.

evangldbrg 0

My family was pretty much the same, but with my mom and dad roles switched with yours. FYL, and be lucky you're out of the house...unfortunately I'm not, but should only be a few months before I am

Comments

I agree with 85, however I believe his approach to stating his opinion was a bit...obnoxious? yeah that's a good word for it. yeah terrible story though and sounds pretty much like everyone elses life. ydi for not being unique

Christian religions, especially the more out-there ones, preach nothing but hate. It's intolerance of everyone who is not part of their club, masked with a thin veneer of "if they ask for forgiveness for their sins" bullshit, wherein they pretend that they will forgive someone for being different from them as long as they conform. I think a more appropriate phrase would be "**** organized religion."

umm.. was I talking to you deathproof? what exactly was it about what I said that was idiotic and untrue? if you'd bother to educate yourself then believing what the media wants you to hear then maybe you would agree. or even if your lazy ass is at the very least capable on clicking on the link i provided, you wouldn't have to do you research.. its all there. see for yourself. this isn't just my opinion. many people will agree.

Christian "religions", are not "clubs". Now, there are many CHURCHES that are clubs that want people to conform. But for the most part, "Christians" do not want people to "conform". What you may be mistaking this for is the fact that they try and help people to better themselves. If everyone followed the bible, even if they didn't believe in God, this world would be a better place. Any well read, intelligent person (not a Christian, just an intelligent person) knows the bible, and can therefore hold a better argument when the opportunity arises. And none of them preach hate. Do your homework. They preach the bible, and the bible says not to judge. Not to say none of them do, because I know some of them do. Why do people like you say **** organized religion, when you for one probably have never been to church, two, draw conclusions from brief encounters/experiences? Christianity, in a whole, is not as you say it is. A handful of uppity groups are, but to refer to it as a whole is quite silly, and makes you look...well, dumb. Or just a hater. And if you are a hater, then why don't you go to church, since apparently they teach hate, wouldn't you enjoy that? :) I agree that Organized religion is a fail; nobody needs an organization telling them how to worship/what to believe. But saying that Christian "religions", pin-pointing that, makes me laugh, my friend. People are so scared of Christianity, and always put it down, but they never touch on any other religion. Hmmm. I wonder why that is?

Are you sure you don't live in Saudi? or Utah?

Good shit! One of the funniest FML's ive read-

Sigh @ the haters. This FML was awesome.