Don't go

By Paulshaun1 - 06/10/2016 13:38 - United Kingdom - Luton

Today, my mother told me she thinks it is time for me to move into my own place. I agreed with her and went to look at studios/flats online. She later came into my room, saw me looking at places and then got pissed off at me, saying that I hate her for wanting to leave her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 259
You deserved it 692

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her you didn't want to leave her, you just thought it would please her if you left. I see your crazy, and I raise you an Oedipus complex.

I find it disturbing that both OP has a crazy mom and there are is currently a 1:8 ratio of people that are just as crazy as the aforementioned mom on this site.

Comments

Perhaps it was a test. Safe to say you failed. Maybe you can dwell on it at your new home.

I find it disturbing that both OP has a crazy mom and there are is currently a 1:8 ratio of people that are just as crazy as the aforementioned mom on this site.

mariri9206 32

Moms: can't live with them, can't live without them.

Moms: can't live with them, can't mail them to china.

No but you can import them from China lol

Tell her you didn't want to leave her, you just thought it would please her if you left. I see your crazy, and I raise you an Oedipus complex.

Yourheadache 19

maybe she didn't think that you were going to start looking right away?

zeffra13 31

I had a housemate that was mad over that. She said she was going to move in with her cousin when our lease ended, so my other housemates & I started asking around for a replacement. The one leaving heard us talking about a potential replacement & got mad we were looking after only a week.

You need to distance yourself from that level of unhealthy. Take the plunge and get your own place.

AJSAngel 5

Sounds like either your mother is menapausal or needs psychological help. Either way, run!

That kind of unreasonableness will be a self-fulfilling prophecy.