Poof, gone!

By Me - 12/09/2011 07:36 - United States

Today, I found out that my parents used all of the college money I have been saving up for 8 years to buy a beach house. The reason they waited until now to tell me? A tree fell on it, and they need more money for repairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 368
You deserved it 2 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did your parents have access to it in the first place if it's money YOU were saving. My parents can't go into my accounts.

Comments

perdix 29

Why are you being so disrespectful? Your parents have the wisdom to know that your "college money" would be better spent on a beach house than trying to hammer an education into that thick skull of yours. Always trust the wisdom of the ancients.

xavier1623 4

It certainly looks like someone was forced to suck dick at a tender young age to provide for his family's beach house. Stop sucking in life you little lower life-form. At least he did save up enough to enroll for college.

Uh...what? How did you derive that from Perdix's sarcastic comment? You're like a superhero who's able to leap to stupid conclusions in a single bound.

xavier1623 4

A skill maybe? And instead of doing things like that maybe he should show more sympathy in the first place yeah?

Seems like some people are having a real hard time detecting sarcasm today.

201Blackhawk 0

It's very hard for idiots to find sarcasm in its simplest form...spoken...do you really think their gonna find it in a post lol?

Why is no one also questioning why they didn't have insurance on the Beach House?

Probably because if they had to steal their kids college money then they couldn't actually afford the house, let alone the insurance on it.

Let this be a lesson to all. The first thing I did when I turned 18 was open up a new savings account with MY NAME ONLY on it and transferred all but $5 into it. It was worth paying the maintenance fee on the $5 account to fool my parents, since I couldn't close it without my dad's co-signature and then the jig would have been up. One day they called the dorms at my college, FURIOUS with me and demanding to know where all my money was. I asked them why they wanted to know and what they were doing checking my balance and for once, they were speechless. I found out from an aunt that they were planning to clean me out and put it toward an addition to their house.

This is so ****** up. #37 - you did well but you shouldn't have to do that sort of thing. Why do people have children if they don't want to care for them? I have two little girls and I would never take anything of theirs or dream of expecting them to pay me. In fact, if I am ever going to get them out of my house, I know full well that I will have to pay for college and most likely a house deposit as well! If you have kids then you are responsible for looking after them. Parents tell their kids this about their pet rabbits and then don't do it themselves for their children! Taking college money is so stupid. If there was one thing that I might ask of my kids it's to take care of me in my dotage, should I make it that far, and a decent education is definitely a good investment for that. Your parents are irresponsible and the OP's re just stupid. And I'm ranting. Sorry.

Don't be sorry, Ugi. You are absolutely right. No one should grow up the way I did, waking up every morning wondering what was going to happen that day. Where was the attack coming from? A parent? My brother? A neighborhood girl who knew she could shove her foot up my ass and twist it because my mother helped her? What would it be? Would I be smacked around? Hair pulled? Food dumped on me? Shoved into a wall? Or just made fun of? Would I be blamed for something I was nowhere near? Given an impossible task so I could fail and be punished? Screwed over somehow? Or would it just be another day of my mom dishing off all the chores on me and sleeping or watching TV? I never knew what was coming, only that it would be bad. I don't think of it as growing up as much as it was surviving.

**** that shit they wouldnt get a sinle penny from me what is wrong with them tell them to go to hell

It sucks that so many people have such crappy parents. The account that I got opened when I was 5 or so was, of course, joint with my parents. I know they "borrowed" money from me when I was younger because of rough times, but now that I'm an adult there have been several times where I was in a bind and they just transferred money in for me. So having a joint account with your parents isn't necessarily a stupid thing to do, just risky. Moral of the story: cut OP some slack -not their fault that they trusted their parents and had that trust betrayed.

Adam1187 4

I would kill them, I'm sorry but I would.

structuredchaoz 4

If it was yours, they fail. If it was their money, they were smart to buy property in a low economy.