Poof, gone!

By Me - 12/09/2011 07:36 - United States

Today, I found out that my parents used all of the college money I have been saving up for 8 years to buy a beach house. The reason they waited until now to tell me? A tree fell on it, and they need more money for repairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 368
You deserved it 2 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did your parents have access to it in the first place if it's money YOU were saving. My parents can't go into my accounts.

Comments

See a lawyer. How much are we talking about? Where is this beach house?

Despicable. What kind of bastards would do that?

kittenidrizi 0

If it was money you yourself earned, take them to court. If it was money that they put into the account, its not your money, its theirs and if they wanted to spend it on something else, sucks, but they could. If you also put into that account, you should take them to court.

They obviously dont value a college education. Either that or they think that OP will never get into college anyway. Parents can be idiots.

If its your money that you saved then it seems they bought you a beach house. Whats really gonne suck is that if they were that greedy now then i doubt you will be put in their will to recieve your beach house when they pass away

Shadow_Phantom 26

First, your parents have stolen from you. There is no reason not to go to the police and file a complaint. That money was yours and they had no right at all to take it. Second, it shows your parents have absolutely no faith in you at all. Parents like this are more trouble than they're worth, so save yourself future heartache and break ties with them. Unless you do something, they will only continue to abuse you and take advantage of you like this and you cannot let that happen.

neverbeensosad 4

First of all, your parents suck. Second, that's theft. REPORT THEM TO THE COPS.