Poof, gone!

By Me - 12/09/2011 07:36 - United States

Today, I found out that my parents used all of the college money I have been saving up for 8 years to buy a beach house. The reason they waited until now to tell me? A tree fell on it, and they need more money for repairs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 368
You deserved it 2 492

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did your parents have access to it in the first place if it's money YOU were saving. My parents can't go into my accounts.

Comments

soccer4life20 9

Why do people have to post real long ass comments? No one wants to read that! Lol smh stupid people (:

suitkace 5

Most people go to college at 18 right? I am just confused how from the time OP was 10-18, they made enough money to buy a beach house. Are you selling drugs OP?

Most people isn't everyone, though. Some people go in their early 20s, some well into their adult years. I've even had seniors in some of my college classes.

suitkace 5

But clearly their parents still had access to their college fund. Implying the OP couldn't be that old...

sassyangel24 0

I'd tell them to go **** themselves, and then I'd sue them. It's really messed up that parents have access to their children's accounts just because they are minors. My mom has been threatening me with the same thing for ages.

herpitydurteedur 0

I had about 17,000 dollars in a savings account when I was 12, but a few years ago my parents used it all to help buy my grandma a brand new car. Fyl op, and I hope you get all your money back. Plus extra.

guci 4

How the **** did you have 17.000 $ at the age of 12? Please share your secrets.

sdupont127 3

Blackmail your parents: "you sign the house over to me or i press charges for theft!" good luck! Ur parents are worthless asses!

Ur parents suck. I can't believe they would do something like that. So messed up

theonlysweetpea 10
sparta98 4

I'm going to assume you are a minor, considering that your parents have the account access. Kids here in the United States have no rights at all. It sucks, but we can't do anything about it. We can't even get a say in which politician is going to be destroying our future home.

I have an idea, let's start a revolution. tell the people what we want. if they refuse, stockpile on weapons, and take the country by force.

That's when you pluck yourself off the family tree and never look back!