No joke

By SilverZephyr - 16/01/2015 12:49 - United States - Marion

Today, I asked out a girl that I've liked for a while. She thought I was joking and laughed, saying, "No. Have you met yourself?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 663
You deserved it 3 479

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TahoeFMler 22

I'd suggest asking what she meant by that. Everyone has flaws, it's best to know what yours are.

Comments

Wow, what a bitch. Even if she didn't like you back she didn't have to go and insult you.

*Major Bitch Alert* consider yourself lucky for dodging that bullet, OP

One less reason to like her, do yourself a favor and move on.

Mneh. I don't appreciate disrespectful, condescending, judgmental people. "/ Even if OP is a total douchecanoe, she didn't have to phrase it like that. "Don't judge a book by its' cover" comes to mind.

ForeverJasmine 26
ninety 25

If she legitimately thought you were joking around with her when you asked her out she may have just been spouting off a smart ass answer to joke back with you and may not have even really said it with the intent of being an asshole. And I only say this because I have friends that jokingly toss pick up lines at me because they know I know they have gfs and they know I have a bf and that's something along the lines of what I would retort back with.

she's not a bitch. she thought he was kidding and gave a sarcastic response. but that dues suck that it happened

As hurtful and rude it was of her to say that, at least she showed her true colors and you don't have to waste anymore time on her. If she treats someone who is kind to her like toilet scum, with that kind of attitude, could you imagine how she treats everyone else? I personally couldn't see any kind of future with someone like that. Like others have said, you've definitely dodged a bullet. That being said, I'm writing this under the assumption that she was just being a snobby bitch and that there's no circumstance/s unknown to us that would actually cause her to ask you that for a legitimate reason.

If she truly was just joking, then my comment doesn't apply

She's either really shallow, or maybe there's something strange about you. Still, bitch.