Everything everywhere all at one

By My life is a mess - 27/12/2022 09:00

Today, I blew a tire without money for a spare, had to have my ex come get my kids, drove home on three tires, and possibly fucked things up with my girlfriend beyond repair. My girlfriend is the only person keeping me sane, and I might lose her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 792
You deserved it 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If having a healthy coparenting relationship with your ex is ruining your relationship with your girlfriend, I hate to say it, but you might be better off without her

If she's going to leave because you blew a tire, I'd say she's a girlfriend you really do not need.

Comments

If having a healthy coparenting relationship with your ex is ruining your relationship with your girlfriend, I hate to say it, but you might be better off without her

What? Your kids don't keep you sane? I've never heard of such a thing!

Let me guess, you told your girlfriend you asked your ex for a ******* and didn’t mention the ******* was for the flat tire. I can see where she’d be upset.

If she's going to leave because you blew a tire, I'd say she's a girlfriend you really do not need.

UPDATE: my girlfriend and I are fine. I got my van fixed, and let’s just say my ex and I don’t have a healthy co-parenting relationship.

By the way, many new cars don’t even come with a spare anymore. Carry a tire inflator that you can plug into your car DC outlet. I haven’t changed a tire myself in 20 years. The great majority of the time if you buy decent tires they get a slow leak instead of a blowout. Then you can re-inflate your tire until you get somewhere that will fix your tire… Driving on a flat will destroy a tire so it’s not repairable and can damage your rims which makes it a much more expensive situation to recover from… By the way, glad you made it through the situation safely. I remember being in college and not being able to afford anything but used tires and had more flat tires than I care to remember.

ODBeefalo 10

yeah... I found out about the spare tire change while doing 110km/h on the express way through the busiest city in my province. spent a while dodging traffic looking before Kia told me they don't so spares anymore... my advice is buy a spare, a run flat is fine but if you cut the side wall you could be ******. a spare on a rim is worth the cost of being able to not get burned by a tow company.

Agreed, just get both. If you use a spare once it pays for itself.

I'm thinking OP's relationship is on the fritz because he called his ex to get his kids and not his current girlfriend. Which begs the question - why call your ex and not your girlfriend?