Loose fit

By cloud7 - 27/12/2010 03:40

Today, after finally dropping my weight from an overweight 200 to a slim 135, my skin is now loose everywhere, and stretches about two inches out on my stomach. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 855
You deserved it 6 914

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Save up your money for a skin reduction surgery. you can actually donate the loose skin to burn victims. congrats on the weight loss!

schwancy 2

That's common with dramatic weightloss. It's unfortunate, but there is not much you can do about it outside of plastic surgery.

Comments

For those of you saying 135 isnt slim, keep a few things in mind. 1) you dont know the height 2) even for someone 5'3", 135lbs is healthy in accordance with BMI calculations as well as army standards. Im just shy of 5'3", and 116lbs right now and healthy but at one point, I did weigh 135lbs. As short as I am, even taking all of my measurements (waist, neck and so on), even medical physicians told me that I was physically healthy and at an average weight. Now, unless you have spent a multitude of years in medical school, you might not be so qualified to say that 135lbs isn't slim. Furthermore, what standard are you speaking from? Media maybe promote relatively skinny to extremely skinny as whats healthy but thats very unrealistic expectations. Curves are beautiful. To be slim, thats right slim, and still have curves is beautiful too. I came out of basic training hating my body because I didnt have womanly curves anymore for being so thin. I actually received complaints from friends and family that I was too thin. I was 110lbs. Thin doesn't make healthy. Op- congrats on maintaining motivation and losing so much weight.

Ashley0801 0

At least you made yourself better .

As learned in bio class, fat cells don't "go away" they just grow and shrink. Dieting your makes you lose weight but does nothing with the fat cells, thus why you need to tone as well as diet.

sugarbear0727 19

There are lots of ways to tighten your skin as you work out. If you do it correctly, your skin shouldn't be flabby at all. Its very elastic, and like a rubberband, it'll stretch, and as your body gets smaller, it will shrink to fit your body.

sugarbear0727 19

In two years, I went from 115, to 135. My boyfriend loves my body, and doesn't want me to lose weight because I have curves and he loves that. But I don't feel as confident as I used to. I don't want to lose all of it, I just want to go down to 125. I'm considered healthy either way. The only good thing that came with the extra weight was that it mostly went to my boobs. It went to my stomach and thighs too, but I've gone up at least two cup sizes. Its crazy. Good job for losing the weight, it's really hard to lose a large amount of weight like that.

I went from 210 to 135 recently and I don't have that problem. There are ab exercises you can do to get rid of it.

poprocks1999 6

I think it shrinks back overtime

You most likely post the weight too fast and that leads to excess skin... Unfortunate my friend....

Hey, good job on the weight loss! You did more than some people could handle.