By ipayyourbillsgorramit - 24/08/2012 23:29 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, after getting home from a twelve-hour shift at work, I got into bed and passed out. My mother soon woke me up, screaming that she could tell I was "fake sleeping" and ignoring her lecture on how I need to stop being so "lazy". FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 437
You deserved it 1 907

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should yell whatever the hell you want at her. Get it all off your chest about what an insensitive bitch she is being and how she should leave you the **** alone. If she tries to punish you for it, tell her you were just sleep talking. It's foolproof!

ali671 1

Comments

Hfinwjwnrudhnwlqmejdidn hdiensi nebsjnd hahaha :D

ali671 1
HowAreYouToday 34

Parents are all bitches. Some of them just hide it better than others

Yep, OP should have said "let's see you get a job with a 12 hour shift, you lazy orange flavored mother ******!"

She's an Oompa Lumpa. It's to be expected.

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

#25 It was a Ray William Johnson reference… You orange flavored mother ******!

Well she does pay her mothers bills, Gorrammit! Her mother should realize that just because you take naps doesn't mean you are lazy.

redmane 21

Sorry 15. My parents were always cool and hardly ever bitchy while raising me. Not all parents are bitches.

I'd call her a bitch right in front of her ****!!

Parents are people. You get the good, bad and ugly with them, just like everyone else. They aren't perfect so stop expecting them to be. That being said... yeah, you're mom sounds like she belongs in the "bitch" category, OP. Sorry 'bout that.

I don't see how your mom can really think you can last that long when you worked a 12-hour shift! She need to think.

Some people stay awake for more than 12 hours at a time...

21- Go get a job, work a twelve hour shift, then you'll realize staying awake, and working are two completely different things.

#21 most people are pretty tired just after an eight-hour shift.

I know that most do, but working 12 hours sucks. When you need to sleep, you crash

#56 Im not retarted. I do know the difference. I have a job and working the 10-hours that I do sucks and when I get home, I just want to sleep.

peve3 12

93, 56 was replying to 21. She wasn't bashing you or anything.

You should yell whatever the hell you want at her. Get it all off your chest about what an insensitive bitch she is being and how she should leave you the **** alone. If she tries to punish you for it, tell her you were just sleep talking. It's foolproof!

reallytho3 11

That's just crazy enough to work...

Mr. Bastard you are to ******* awesome. And op tell her to work a twelve hour shift. And when she comes home and and relaxes yell at her for being lazy.

Doc- how would you feel about a 12 hour shift?

Snackycake 20

#86, well if he's a doctor he probably already works 12 hour shifts.

PYLrulz 17

I'd give it a shot. Doctors orders

My God. When you have to spell it out to some people it does get boring. My point was also that he's a doctor, and probably used to much longer shifts, say 30-40 hours, or more? And SO a 12 shift might be considered a blessing to some people.

Trisha_aus 15

From my knowledge (watching scrubs) doctors work for a long time

121- many doctors work 40 hour shifts. Maybe not in your country, but they do.

Vaporify 4

Tell her you were on a 12 hour shift, you deserve some rest.

12 hour shift? Get a house man! Problem Solved!

Dblocker 18

What part of 12 hour shift did you not get?

OPs' name is "IPayYourBillsGorramit" implying that OP's mother lives with OP.

yeah 12 hour shifts are nuts. I just got off of work rightnow and I'm tired as hell

Try doing 24. I've even done a 48 hour shift on trauma call once. I felt like a drunk zombie.

the_anti_hipster 7

Note to self: when at hospital, make sure doctor isn't on the back end of a 48 hour shift to avoid having a drunk zombie poke me with needles.

My scheduled shifts are 24 hours. I only work 2 days a week which is nice. I'm on a 32 hour shift now. I've done longer but it's no fun and I actually left early because I didn't feel I could do the job safely.

andrew87804 4
PYLrulz 17

In my opinion, there ain't much difference once you go past 8 hours (I do 10 hour shifts where I work at, sometimes 12), but going 24 or 48 hours?!? That's just plain nuts!

This is how you know it is time to be an adult, leave home and get your own place. Share a house with others. It's not that expensive if done correctly.

OP could still be a teen in high school... My boyfriend's mother is very similar to OP's mom.

nickownes1 3

Lol. I love the username on this fml.

blair_x 12

Stop paying her bills. She'll definitely appreciate you more then.