It's the thought that counts

By sadwife - 31/05/2009 18:07 - United States

Today, I woke up and my husband said he got me a gift for our one year anniversary and that it was on the table. We laid around cuddling and when I finally got up I was expecting to walk out to beautiful bouquet of flowers. I got two packs of cigarettes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 654
You deserved it 10 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, he's trying to make you happy. I mean if he got flowers they might outlive you.

Comments

elcaguy 0

What a gift! Do you live where your husband is also your brother and you mom is your Aunt too.

kellster 2

Maybe he figured that if you have this nasty addiction, you wouldn't want anything but to feed it. That's how addicts usually work. In which case, it was a practical gift that he was certain you would like, but still fails on the romance front completely. What did you get him?

hahah. which would you honestly enjoy more...?

STOP FIGHTING ABOUT SMOKING PEOPLE!!! And what hint is that 14? :P Hey now.. he's a man.. what can you expect? LOL> I'm kidding of course.. being an arse. But I mean.. I'm a gamer chick and although I'd love to have a nice bouquet of flowers once in a while or chocolates as a girly gift, people usually know I'm more into games so getting a video game as a anniversary gift would kick ass! Be happy. :) He was getting you something he thought was most fitting for your personality. :D

YDI. You're the one who married him. Did it really take you a year or more to find out that he isn't the romantic type? To everyone say she deserves it for smoking, get off your high horse and stop judging people. It is very unbecoming of you. Just to be clear, this is coming from an avid non-smoker who would otherwise be right alongside everyone else in being disgusted at smoking. I'm just not a douchebag about it.

trapiadora 0

You gotta give him some credit for trying to do something creative. Its pretty cute hes trying to be original. It might not have been what you wanted but atleast he remembered.

#111 and anyone else who says YDI because you married him and you should have known... If they're married, chances are they've had more than one anniversary of their relationship unless they got married awfully quick. And then there's also Valentine's Day, Christmas, Easter, birthdays that they most likely have spent together giving each other gifts...and since she for sure expected a "beautiful bouquet of flowers" for their first wedding anniversary, I think it is safe to assume that her husband has in fact given her romantic gifts in the past! I don't always expect fancy romantic gifts from my husband, but I do expect him to know what would make me happy to receive. One time he got me a pink XBox 360 controller and I flipped out because I wanted one for so long...and from the OP's reaction you can tell that she was clearly not excited about the cigarettes and if he's at least somewhat attentive then he should have known...in that case a pretty card would have probably been a better gift to her than those cigarettes, even if it was a card with something like a poem written already in it... I don't see how she deserved this at all.

PyroMicky 0

Maybe it's a symbolic gift. Just like potatoes are a symbol of earthly, lasting, resilient love, maybe cigarettes are a symbol of a love that shortens your life, but is hella fun.

AntiChrist7 0

you choose who you marry. YDI