It's the thought that counts

By sadwife - 31/05/2009 18:07 - United States

Today, I woke up and my husband said he got me a gift for our one year anniversary and that it was on the table. We laid around cuddling and when I finally got up I was expecting to walk out to beautiful bouquet of flowers. I got two packs of cigarettes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 654
You deserved it 10 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hey, he's trying to make you happy. I mean if he got flowers they might outlive you.

Comments

Why are there soo many people on here that hate smokers??? Surely all you Americans are about unhealthy behaviour!! i.e fast food or no food and as much weed as it takes to get a packed out stadium stoned. How can anyone say ydi because you smoke?? If your partner got you some toothpaste for your anniversary - would people say ydi because you clean your teeth, I doubt it!! Besides, somee couples dont actually rely on each other to get them expensive gifts. A pack of fags and a few beers down the pub sounds good to me!!!!!

@#117 It's nice how you say "all you Americans" when you're not from US yourself. Ring a bell? Not everyone on this site is from US. @ OP If you smoke and he doesn't, maybe you should take this as a hint?

@ 121 90% of people on this site are american!! So where are you from????? thats what i thought!!

dude be happy cigarettes cost an arm and a leg now.

it really is an fml if you dont even smoke haha

#117- Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..... Because the US has the most marijuana users. It couldn't be a country where the plant has actually been legalized, or somewhere in South America or Africa????? Also, why would people criticize someone for doing something healthy with their body? People are saying YDI because the OP is a smoker and chooses to make an unhealthy decision (most likely) multiple times daily. And yes, I am aware that everyone has a right to do just about whatever they want with their own body, but that still doesn't make smoking a good/ smart decision. OP: it might not be a romantic gift, but its a gift none the less. If there is one thing i have learned when it comes to guy's (or relationships in general), is that if you want something specific, you have to be specific. Don't expect your partner to read your mind about gifts. Maybe in the future make a few suggestions or give him a list of a few things he could get you. That way you will be happy with what you recieve and it will still be a suprise.

boundforglorywt 0

your quite lucky for getting cigarettes i dont see how this is a FML

whocares129 0

my boyfriend did the same thing