Hopeless

By Dumbdumb - 15/02/2010 14:29 - United States

Today, at work, a really hot guy came up to me and asked, "What are your hours?" Excited, I told him I get off at 4, but might be able to get out sooner. He started laughing and then said, "I meant your store hours." He turned around and walked away, shaking his head and laughing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 717
You deserved it 33 231

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That guy is kind of a dick for laughing while walking away

Comments

This. I would have immediately answered with the store hours. Or I would have said, "We close at..." The OP kinda deserves it for assuming he meant her personal hours.

doink 0

I agree with 22. I work in fast food and on my first day, my manager told me to keep my personal information to myself, including my work hours. It is dangerous to give a complete stranger your hours, no matter how "cute" he or she might be.

#35: Had he said, "What time do you get off?" Then it's safe to assume he wants to know. If someone walks up and asks "What are your hours?" You should assume that since you are an employee and, most likely, easily recognizable as such, that he is inquiring about the hours of the establishment you're working for. Sorry, I don't have a similar mishap at all. I always assume that when Im at work, questions are work related (unless clearly stated differently).

Icarus_II 0

I would have shouted "he's gotta gun!" just to get back at him. you seem overdesperate OP, if you go to the DMV you will feel shrowded in love after they take your picture and tell you to get the hell out.

Overdesperate? As opposed to just the regular desperate?

Icarus_II 0

Get him back for nothing really, for OP's mistake for the hell of it. and yes, overdesperate. there's desperate then there's overdesperate

That sucks, but you deserve it. Take the time to listen to how people ask a question. If he asked "What are YOUR hours" then it makes sense to flirt back. But he didn't, and you looked foolish for it.

Emphasis on 'your', implying her hours, not the store's. (That's why I put it in upper case.)

now you look foolish for not even read what you're answering at!!!!

Did he lean forward and raise his eyebrows or wink... cause that would have helped, too... hahaha :P

That would have made his question a lot clearer. Ha ha

ZombieBunnies 0

I think if he asked, "What are your hours?" with his penis hanging out then it'd be safe to assume he meant your personal hours.

ZombieBunnies 0

A hanging penis is normal. It's the ones that wink you need to be weary of.

you totally deserve it for being a hopeless, desperate loser!

blaaaaakely 0

this one is fake, i saw one similar posted a couple of months back

Emphasis on 'your', implying her hours, not the store's. (That's why I put it in upper case.)

NGM_47 0

It would just sound weird if there was an emphasis on 'your' in that particular phrase.

But it would justify the OP's mistake.

ZombieBunnies 0

Accept the EPIC fail Vedder. It soothes the chicken noodle soul.

Oh, I totally accept the fail on the OP's part. I was simply offering a solution to avoid future embarrassment if this recent situation wasn't enough. ha ha

volleyballx3 2

haha that's soo embarassing!! I feel sorry for you! FYL