Destroy it with fire

By loli-conned - 21/06/2009 22:10 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I was shopping for my little sister's birthday. She loves manga. I've never read manga, so I bought a couple of novels from the "popular" shelf. Turns out if they have white covers it means they are "adult" books. I bought my sister a "lolicon" manga - filled with prebuscent naked girls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 003
You deserved it 22 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should have looked. That's what I would've done.

Everyone's gotta see naked girls sometime. But you could've [should've] asked a sales person if you've never bought Manga before. Or at least found one age appropriate. Sure you didn't get the color code, but you could always ask. Or flip through it. Or the old "ask her what her favorite is". At least you know she read it? I get books all the time when people are like, "Oh, you like fiction right? Here's these books about wizard-wannabes." I never read them.

Comments

Ahahaha, oh that sucks! Good thing it wasn't a Yaoi you got her.

I 100% don't believe this. You probably just concocted this up while reading them yourself. 1) If I remember correctly, they're clearly marked as adult content books much like CD's with the explicit warning label and 2) You seem to know enough about manga to know what lolicon is, which 95% of the world including me wouldn't know what that is or be able to categorize something as that.

Tomo_fml 0

next time...just get her Death Note

heatherrrx 0

Ya know you could've asked the person who worked at the book store, that's obviously why they're there, to help the customers if they need it. They'd be more than happy to help you especially if they're on commission. But YDI for not looking at the books beforehand, you could've stopped yourself from looking like an idiot is all I'm saying.

withahtrentuh 0

You should have gotten her shota instead..

Uhm, that's why you always should check the content.

Eh, so you got her a little ****. No big deal. Obviously someone caught it and if your parents had half a lick of sense they'd take it from her. No one can fault you for making a mistake about something you don't know. Frankly, if it was me, I'd look at the titles and pick out what sounded most absurd without glancing at them. And include a receipt. Besides, manga isn't very appealing. Anime as a general rule isn't that appealing. My mom bought me a manga for Christmas one year. It was a manga version of a book and I read it just to be polite. Not appealing.

switch it in! i'm sure the cashier will understand. laugh at you too, but they'll understand, then get her ichigo mashimaro or something like that

bosco_kk 0

Return it before you steal your sister's innocence.