Destroy it with fire

By loli-conned - 21/06/2009 22:10 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I was shopping for my little sister's birthday. She loves manga. I've never read manga, so I bought a couple of novels from the "popular" shelf. Turns out if they have white covers it means they are "adult" books. I bought my sister a "lolicon" manga - filled with prebuscent naked girls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 003
You deserved it 22 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should have looked. That's what I would've done.

Everyone's gotta see naked girls sometime. But you could've [should've] asked a sales person if you've never bought Manga before. Or at least found one age appropriate. Sure you didn't get the color code, but you could always ask. Or flip through it. Or the old "ask her what her favorite is". At least you know she read it? I get books all the time when people are like, "Oh, you like fiction right? Here's these books about wizard-wannabes." I never read them.

Comments

lol, my friend did this to me once. Got me a random manga, turns out that +16 was in the small print (like tiny) and it was about a girl who gets exually abused Yeah. Read the label. ESPECIALLY with manga - 90% of it is ****.

Japanese comic book, is the simplest way I can describe it.

Hummingbird114 0

Okay... one would think that you would at least look to see what it's about. And you spell prepubescent wrong. So I think this is a YDI.

Yep, definitely look before you purchase! If all goes to worse just keep it for yourself :)

Howdyplz 2

All the people saying "flip through, you idiot", that makes no sense. Especially you who claim to read manga. You should know that adult content manga are always shrink wrapped or covered in some way so that little eyes will not flip through them. YDI for not checking the back, it's the most basic thing to do when buying a book that you haven't read before.

lingfeng 0

This is why you don't buy the manga that's wrapped so you can't flip through it at the store as a gift for someone. And if it wasn't wrapped (I'd be really surprised if it wasn't wrapped if it was that kind of novel), you should really flip through a book or read the back cover to see what it's about...

I'd have said FYL, but you should have at least thumbed through the book to make sure it seemed semi-appropriate for her age ANYWAYS. So, YDI for not checking to see what it was about or anything at all.

kellster 2

Pretty careless gift shopping, dude. How much effort would it have been to ask her what her faves were or to just flip through the book in passing??