Destroy it with fire

By loli-conned - 21/06/2009 22:10 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I was shopping for my little sister's birthday. She loves manga. I've never read manga, so I bought a couple of novels from the "popular" shelf. Turns out if they have white covers it means they are "adult" books. I bought my sister a "lolicon" manga - filled with prebuscent naked girls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 003
You deserved it 22 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should have looked. That's what I would've done.

Everyone's gotta see naked girls sometime. But you could've [should've] asked a sales person if you've never bought Manga before. Or at least found one age appropriate. Sure you didn't get the color code, but you could always ask. Or flip through it. Or the old "ask her what her favorite is". At least you know she read it? I get books all the time when people are like, "Oh, you like fiction right? Here's these books about wizard-wannabes." I never read them.

Comments

why are they selling child ****!!!???

username894 0

They're not. They're selling manga. If you can't see the difference, you're pretty ignorant.

Child **** is child ****, regardless of the media. If a scene showing sex with an underage girl was in a video game, it would still be child ****. Just because its a type of manga doesn't mean its a whole different ******* thing. Idiots like you who think that just because something is not a true representation of reality (by which I mean a direct image, such as a raw photo or movie) doesn't have consequences disgust me. GTFO.

It's not different because it's manga. It's different because it's animated, you stupid ****. Child pornography is illegal because a minor is not old enough to legally consent. You don't need consent from a drawing. Of course I would never actually read that sick, disgusting shit. I'm just pointing the difference between it and illegal child pornography.

G15 0

I kind of say you had that coming. If you're going to get a manga for someone, do your research. Its funny in my opinion. #44 There is a difference. Child **** is with real life children. Lolicon is very young girls. Eh, not a lot of a difference, but it matters. Oh yeah, and to you loli-conned I will help you out next time. Futanari = Chicks with dicks. Shotacon = Little boys with older women. Lolicon = Children, usually female. And that's really all I know, best of luck.

Why do all those categories sound messed up. Chicks with dicks are you serious?

Shotacon is not always with older women. I know from experience. ^_^

omgitsseejay 0

$10 would've been just fine as a gift. it's a gift why complain...

You probably should've made sure you knew what you were giving her first. But that was quite unlucky... I wouldn't expect most shops to sell lolicon... so FYL

shnibz101 0

LOL hope your parent don't kill you

stxchickshortie 0

Sooooo what are the categories and Why would anyone want to draw that?!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

rasengalia 0

I have been reading manga for years. I have yet to see more than the occasional panty flash like in Love Hina. Or an exposed breast in Ai Yori Aoshi or Saikano.. I am wondering if you walked into an adult bookstore instead of a non-pornographic bookstore. But don't feel bad it's easy to miss all the signs that say XXX, or GIRLS!, GIRLS!, GIRLS!. Or in the case of Shotacon; BOYS!, BOYS!, BOYS!. And all the old men in trenchcoats with their collars pulled up and hats trying to hide the guilty and ashamed expressions on their faces. It was an honest mistake. I am pretty sure that lolicon manga and images are illegal. #56 if you go to wikipedia.org and type in lolicon, or shotacon they will give a list of links describing the different caregories. #45 listed some of them as well.

UsingLogic 0

I heard it's illegal in the USA due to some kind of "morality law" signed by Bush. I'm pretty sure this law is unconstitutional too because drawings, however morally objectionable, are not harmful to anyone (well so long as you make sure kids don't have access to them). Big big controversy, and though I don't enjoy extreme forms of sex I still side against this law because it is not up to anybody to tell anyone else what sexuality they should have so long as it does not harm anybody. And it certainly isn't the governments role. Not to mention the fact that the definition of Morality is arbitrary. That means there are no guidelines to define what is moral and what is immoral. And when you let the government use the "it's forbidden because it's immoral" argument, then you should be ready to let them make any law they want, because you just gave them the right to define Morality (which has no definition to begin with). I wish they would had proved extreme forms of pornography are harmful to society. It's not the law itself that I don't like, it's the way it has been made. Clearly they don't know if extreme **** is harmful, otherwise that is the argument they would had used. I'm quite sure they spoke of morality because it was more generally acceptable than saying that it's a sin. The whole thing was not about protecting society, it was about enforcing their religious opinions on others. Hopefully that law has been deleted by now. I heard Obama was correcting a lot of the things the Bush administration ****** up.

As far as I know, and I need to know ^_^ loli has not been illegal in the US ever. Bush, Obama, or otherwise.

When people with pedophilia undergo counselling and release back into public, it would be my understanding that imagery like lolicon's would be more useful NOT being accessible, seeing as its suggestive nature would not help prevent relapse. Also, extreme forms of pornography HAVE been proven to be desensitizing, even though there isn't any lab way of directly proving that extreme **** leads to sexual violence, because there are many other factors that seem to correlate to violence apart from the **** (therefore there isn't an absolute statement because there is no ethical way of studying it other than indirectly). Even if the US law was enacted for "religious" or "moral" reasons, I would side with it for the psychological benefits. If you for some reason can't get off with mainstream pornography, don't turn to drawings of prepubescent children, christ. Anyhow, expecting a way to prove "extreme forms of pornography are harmful to society" is about as specific as expecting you can find all the factors contributing to intelligence --> It's not specific. You can't prove something that general, but you can prove little things like pornography's ability to desensitize, or its ability to make guys quote horrifically bad **** lines mid-coitus.

Also, the USA hasn't successfully criminalized explicit forms of lolicon - only Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, and a few other countries have. (this all courtesy of the wikipedia page)

Holy crap... Usinglogic, you just managed to articulate several of my most significant beliefs and ideas, something I usually have a difficult time doing. Thank you.

OP: A little research would have saved some time AND the embarrassment. YDI.