Destroy it with fire

By loli-conned - 21/06/2009 22:10 - United Kingdom

Spicy
Today, I was shopping for my little sister's birthday. She loves manga. I've never read manga, so I bought a couple of novels from the "popular" shelf. Turns out if they have white covers it means they are "adult" books. I bought my sister a "lolicon" manga - filled with prebuscent naked girls. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 003
You deserved it 22 538

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think you should have looked. That's what I would've done.

Everyone's gotta see naked girls sometime. But you could've [should've] asked a sales person if you've never bought Manga before. Or at least found one age appropriate. Sure you didn't get the color code, but you could always ask. Or flip through it. Or the old "ask her what her favorite is". At least you know she read it? I get books all the time when people are like, "Oh, you like fiction right? Here's these books about wizard-wannabes." I never read them.

Comments

Jessaly_fml 0

I agree, stick with yaoi, it's yummy.

East mistake, next time check thouroughly what the CONTENT is. Omadhan!

valuemeal2 1

YDI for encouraging the spread of Manga in the world. Blecch.

**** YOU! MANGA IS AWESOME! Now given, not all manga is good. Bo-bo-bo bo-blahblahblah is total bullshit, and so is all this hentai and other manga people are naming here, like Yaoi, which I'm assuming is some kind of sick, she-male crap. But manga as a whole is GREAT! Hunter x Hunter, YuYu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, Case Closed, Naruto - All great manga! I've got shelves and trunks full of these incredible books.

And that's why you don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend ;)

leztg 0

Why should that matter? I have a boyfriend and I enjoy the occasional manga. This FML is a YDI because the OP should of looked in it.

BeQuickOrBeDead_fml 0

Well that'd be hillarious if it was Shotacon Yaoi instead ;D Eww. lol I just grossed myself out.... Hahahah.......xD If my big brother actually thought of getting me manga for my birffday, Id be soo happy xD (Too bad he thinks that "That shit is weird and stupid" )

That's what you get for confusing medium with genre. YDI.

SusanaSaysRawrxD 0

Wow. Anime/Manga are like, **** hubs. Horny Japenese manga artists xD all the chicks in anime/manga things have ginormous boobs, too o_0 but where were you shopping where they left **** out, in a place where a child could easily stumble upon it? ehh, eff your sisters life. :3

Good way to stereotype something you obviously have absolutely no clue about. Smooth, *thumbs up*.

Nobody likes magna. They buy them for those pics. You got her what she wanted.

Lots of people like manga. I love manga. I love it for the incredible plots and characters, not for the boobs. Manga are 10,000 times better than American comics. American comics are all the same exact thing: some guy wearing tights and a mask with superpowers fighting crime and supervillains in an urban area. Japanese comics almost always have very unique plots. Manga are one of my favorite things in my life.

Unique??? Ahem, excuse me while I laugh! I've read a few manga in my life, and this is pretty much what I've noticed: -Always one character living a normal life until some dramatic event happens. -Fights up "ranks" of bad guys to finally make it to the big boss, kinda like a cheesy video game. -Always one male and one female secondary heroes. -Some little cute "chibi" character. See, that's pretty much a brief resume of almost every freaking manga out there.

Yay, all the ignorance about manga comes out. OP, you always find out what you're buying, YDI.

Awesome. I wanna be your little sister.