Cough up

By Anonymous - 08/11/2010 10:47 - United States

Today, my friend bought a smartphone and updated his Facebook status with it. Two weeks ago he signed an apartment lease with another friend. Four months ago he bought a new handgun. Seven months ago he bought a new TV. He's owed me $300 for a year and a half. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 436
You deserved it 8 717

Same thing different taste

Top comments

airball33 0

That's why you don't loan money to friends

Comments

YDI! Beat the shiz out of him till he pays you back! You fool!

nocanhaz 4

maybe he forgot so to remind him... break in to the apartment shoot the tv and steal the smart phone if I forgot anything on the list tell me:)

YDI for not asking for your money back and for thinking this guy is your friend. Tell him you need the money back.... no explainations no excuses - it's your money. "Dude, I need that money back." If he gives it back then it's all good and if he doesn't, then go find a new friend. If he tries to talk you out of it or demands a "valid" reason then he is not your friend - get back what you can and find a new friend. There's a saying.. "the best way to lose a friend is to lend him money."

Trebie 6

Ugh, that reminds me of this guy I know. He borrowed $100 from me a LONG time ago, and I gave it to him without ever expecting to see it again, as I do anytime I ever choose to loan money. In all the time that passed between then and now, he has gotten two jobs. I never mentioned the debt to him, but one day a few weeks ago he brought it up to me, and since I was low on cash at the time, I asked if he could possibly get at least part of it to me. He seemed to be quite grumpy at me for this, promised to pay me back half the next day and the rest later on in the month, and when I met up with him, he only had 40, and I have heard no mention of money from him since. I don't really mind because as I said before, I didn't expect to see ANY of it again, but seriously, why bring up the fact that you owe money if you aren't prepared to pay it? >=/ Adding to the annoyance, he hung out with my boyfriend and their group recently and bought himself a $45 steak...

what does him upgrading his status on facebook got 2 do with anything about him owing u money?

what does him upgrading his status on facebook got 2 do with anything about him owing u money?

steal his phone. offer to give it back when he pays you. In the meantime, delete 10 contacts per day and other information on the phone at random. Seriously, what's so hard about that?

handgun seems a smart choice if hes got a stalker like you

send his ass to Judge Judy, she will set him straight and humiliate him!!!!

You need to finally accept that you're never going to see that $300 again. Let it go, let this 'friend' go.