Cancelled

By Anonymous - 27/11/2009 03:23 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I were watching a movie where a girl proposed to a guy. He said, "I would hate it if that happened to me, obviously I don't want to get married if I haven't proposed myself." I was planning on proposing later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 358
You deserved it 8 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do. That'd show me that she's not a backwards and sexist person that cares too much about this dumb tradition. If she wants to marry, she should propose. Giving hints is childish and stupid because leads to misunderstanding and frustration.

sarcdude 3

I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend proposed to me. At any rate that would show she really wanted to be with me.

Comments

OP, you obviously don't know your boyfriend well enough if you don't know he does not believe in marriage. Proposing is clearly premature if you don't know each other that well. That being said, I still feel sorry for you.

Well even though he proposed, he will ALWAYS be the man in bed. But if not, WTF is wrong with him?!?!??

I would suspect there is a good reason to wait for the guy to propose. Statistically speaking more guys are unfaithful, with relatively few women cheating with lots of guys. So women should be extra careful that the guy is really committed and wait for him to propose.

Punkartmama 0

Any story I've ever heard like this, the girl is a crazy nut-job who has been ignoring all of the signs that the guy isn't interested in getting married. Why can't you be happy in a relationship and not try to go to "the next level?"

Let_it_Be1 0

#5 -- you're a jackass. get off your fat lazy ass and try making yourself a damn "sammich". or ask your mother, since you probably still live in that bitches basement

tayzer_fml 0

He obviously isn't man enough to handle a woman who knows what she wants.

JASHEA 0

that really sucks but at least you found out before you asked think of it like that

at least you got warning before you did something stupid. careful marrying someone you don't know well enough to know something he feels so strongly about.

horseluvr91 0

Maybe he would just be weirded out by you proposing to him instead of the other way around...some guys are like that. Wait and see, he might be planning to propose to you...