Cancelled

By Anonymous - 27/11/2009 03:23 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I were watching a movie where a girl proposed to a guy. He said, "I would hate it if that happened to me, obviously I don't want to get married if I haven't proposed myself." I was planning on proposing later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 358
You deserved it 8 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do. That'd show me that she's not a backwards and sexist person that cares too much about this dumb tradition. If she wants to marry, she should propose. Giving hints is childish and stupid because leads to misunderstanding and frustration.

sarcdude 3

I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend proposed to me. At any rate that would show she really wanted to be with me.

Comments

I think its okay for a woman to propose to the man. Its just that they sometimes want to ask their girlfriend themselves and feel like they didnt get to sweep her off her feet like he wanted to or something.

Personally, I (a woman) will not propose. I will also never ask a guy out. Why? Because I want a guy who is willing to put himself on the line and ask me. That's the kind of roles I want us to have, and maybe that's the kind of role he wants to have.

well thats just silly. if you like a guy, ask him out for god's sake. I hate when women expect us males to be the fairy tale princes we're dipicted to have to be. Maybe a guy is waiting for a girl who's not afraid to take chances? because most guys dont wait around.

think of it this way, awkward crisis diverted, lol.

Kokihi 0

first of all, #22, you rock. second. . . OP...I cry emo tears of sadness for you, but if your guy is to insecure to be proposed to by you, he doesn't deserve a strong woman like you. also...at least he said that before you actually proposed. =/

When we were dating, my girlfriend proposed to me, circumventing the public romantic display I was starting to plane without her knowledge... but she knew me well enough to know that I am a sucked tfor those sorts of things. She, on the other hand hates - HATES any sort of PDA, and especially hates being singled out for special treatment, which I knew but thought I could still get away with it. When she proposed, it was sweet and simple - a box under the Christmas tree that held a silver ring I'd owned for a long time, but had stopped really wearing. When I opened the box, I looked at the ring, a little confused and she just gave me one of her killer smiles, saying, "So, will ya...?" In that moment I knew that this was the perfect romantic gesture, that we both got what we wanted. We've been married 11 years and have two beautiful kids... Follow your heart - maybe it was just a flip comment that didn't really mean anything, or maybe he just isn't "the one". When the time is right, won't both of you know?

Future_Mrs_Voltz 0

my best friend proposed to her husband because he was to shy to do it and was afraid she would say know even though he knew she loved him. they have been married for quite sometime now

It would be cool as hell to have a girl ask instead of me. And I'm a guy.

If the **** proposes, does the husband get to take half of HER money when they divorce?

I love this because I want to know how he thinks the women feel. Maybe if I haven't asked it means I don't want it.