Cancelled

By Anonymous - 27/11/2009 03:23 - United States

Today, my boyfriend and I were watching a movie where a girl proposed to a guy. He said, "I would hate it if that happened to me, obviously I don't want to get married if I haven't proposed myself." I was planning on proposing later. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 358
You deserved it 8 818

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I do. That'd show me that she's not a backwards and sexist person that cares too much about this dumb tradition. If she wants to marry, she should propose. Giving hints is childish and stupid because leads to misunderstanding and frustration.

sarcdude 3

I wouldn't mind if my girlfriend proposed to me. At any rate that would show she really wanted to be with me.

Comments

He just told you he didn't want to get married. If you want a husband, better get another boyfriend.

That's exactly what I was about to say. It seemed to me he knew about your plan to propose, didn't have the balls to say no outright, and decided to cut you off before you could get there. Ditch him.

Also, for the record, there's nothing wrong with a girl proposing. Any guy who would feel emasculated by a girl popping the question clearly never had much manhood to lose in the first place.

so do you also want to **** him in the but? cuzz anything that goes against tradition and makes him emasculine so you call him a pussy for not consenting

Yeah if you follow tradition with the whole man asking a woman to marry him then you can still get away with the woman asking the man - old tradition, if a woman wants to propose she does it on the 29th Feb, so you only have a window every 4 years. That being said why constrict yourself by stupid traditions that do nothing for a relationship, some men don't have the guts to do everything, guys like girls to ask them out because it shows confidence and flatters their ego, surely asking them to marry you is an extension of this. That being said, he predicted what you were going to to and shut you down, try persuading him to do the asking now since he's clearly a traditionalist

i_love_you143 0

yeaa its kindaa truee. i think guys get freaked outt, return the ring. its really cutee tho and at least you know before you did it

Girls should never propose, too many emotional and pschycotic women would be asking way too quick. let the guy decide when is a good time. women will never understand.

Don't worry, man. It's not likely any of them would be asking you. Jackass.

I hope you're just trolling with this comment. Because implying that men can't possibly be psychotic is just plain stupid.

KingHumanity 0

You probably got him a shiny piece of rock for him to show his gal-pals too. YDI. he did not say that he wasn`t interested in getting married, he just wanted to do the proposing himself.

Let's set the record straight people. We live in an ever-changing world. There is no code or law that says a woman cannot propose to man. (Even if there was, it would be ridiculous) For the poster of this FML: I'd say it wasn't chance that this happened to you. Your subconscious probably picked it up and manifested a situation to allow you to find out that your BF would rather propose to avoid unnecessary heartache and grief. You can try hinting to him (SUBTLY, but not too subtle) that you're ready to take things to the next level. Or you can talk about the things you might do when the both of you are married to make him realize you're comfortable with the idea of marriage.

cucuto89 0

Except for the code of tradition for the past, oh i don't know, 3000 years? how long has marriage been a thing? oh then about that long.

waterynuggets 0

Marriage used (well, depending on where ya live) to be about buying and selling women as property, oh and let's not forget as long as you are arranged with someone the same race as you. If you want to follow "tradition," be my guest, but don't expect everyone else to. **** all what gender the person proposing is, that is not important. I find it funny people wonder why so many marriages fail. I guess it does not have a single thing to do with people being more focused on weddings than why they are getting married as well.

jw90 18

what can I say. most men want to do these things themselves

Ok, well I guess he's right, but the wording is odd. "I would hate it if that happened to me, obviously I don't want to get married if I haven't proposed myself." Couldn't that go for girls too? If SHE hasn't proposed maybe she doesn't want to get married. But the guy to girl proposal is traditional.