Am I being detained?

By KidJwal - 28/02/2012 17:10 - United States

Today, I had to explain to a cop that the reason I was speeding was because my girlfriend was in the hospital due to a car accident. He was working the accident just ten minutes before and saw me leave behind the ambulance. He still gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 528
You deserved it 6 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry, but ydi. What if you had caused another accident. I understand it's an emergency with someone you care about, but that doesn't mean you can break the law without consequences.

I'm a firefighter and we run ambulances also. The cop did the right thing. You're not supposed to follow behind the ambulance. Have you been trained to drive thru busy city streets like that? And what are you going to do at the hospital when you get there right behind the ambulance? You're just gonna stand in the waiting room. Putting on your hazard lights does not make you an emergency vehicle. Plain and simple. We've had people crash trying to follow ambulances because as soon as the ambulance went thru the intersection everyone thought it was ok to go and ran right into the moron driving behind it.

Comments

rileypena1985 2

Dude that's ****** up.birch add cops.

shealiz86 3

Wow, I'm so sorry! Cops are such jerks sometimes! I really hope your girlfriends is alright!

sharod101 5

Well it is the end of the month and he does need a certain number of tickets handed out each month, so I guess, you were just easy catch. But yea fyl

LivingProdigy 0

You were speeding tho, and getting to the hospital wasnt gona make ur gf get better, but hey what do i know.

So where exactly do you live that allows people to break the law because someone is in the hospital? Sorry, but YDI. Hope your g/f is okay.

dtemple1110 6

You probably sped off from the scene, that's why he chased you. I know you must have been worried about your girlfriend, but she was in capable hands, and you getting there as quick as you can wasn't going to change the situation. Unless she was in labor, which wasn't the case.

He's just taking his anger out of u... Obviously he's not getting laid

mariet_fml 23

This is the first thread I've seen where people are getting thumbs downed for insulting a cop. Nice change of pace.