Am I being detained?

By KidJwal - 28/02/2012 17:10 - United States

Today, I had to explain to a cop that the reason I was speeding was because my girlfriend was in the hospital due to a car accident. He was working the accident just ten minutes before and saw me leave behind the ambulance. He still gave me a ticket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 528
You deserved it 6 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry, but ydi. What if you had caused another accident. I understand it's an emergency with someone you care about, but that doesn't mean you can break the law without consequences.

I'm a firefighter and we run ambulances also. The cop did the right thing. You're not supposed to follow behind the ambulance. Have you been trained to drive thru busy city streets like that? And what are you going to do at the hospital when you get there right behind the ambulance? You're just gonna stand in the waiting room. Putting on your hazard lights does not make you an emergency vehicle. Plain and simple. We've had people crash trying to follow ambulances because as soon as the ambulance went thru the intersection everyone thought it was ok to go and ran right into the moron driving behind it.

Comments

chevy44448888 1

They have to get there money some how

Demonyx 6

You had no legal reason to be speeding she was already in the ambulance she didn't need you, if she's only your gf then you're not even the person whose consent they need for any medical procedures. That cop did his job, and he was just at an accident where someone was injured he probably didn't want another one caused by an idiot who was panicking and speeding

******* pigs....what a ****** I mean really the cops in australia pulled me over because "I dont look like I passed my driving test".... I mean what the ****?

Followup #93 Oh and to anyone who is wondering i was Not Speeding or doing anything illegal, I was getting into my car and about to pull out of the parking space when he tapped on the window

Geneside 8

You were still speeding. Why did you have to get to the hospital if your just going to sit there. You could of caused another accedent

You weren't driving her to the hospital, so there was no need for you to speed. You broke the law, suck it up.

I don't think its the ticket you should be worried about..

If the cop doesn't give you the ticket then how in world you expect the mayor and all these people to take their vacations, and pay for their vacation homes?

They pull you over so you don't follow the ambulance. Because you will cause another accident. I am an EMT and yes we will call the cops to pull you over especially when we say don't follow us. You can't break the law just to follow the ambulance.

So many negative votes on people saying cops are jerks and similar comments... You guys and gals must live in perfect communities because I've met so many crooked and lying cops it's not even funny... They're supposed to protect and serve, not incriminate, wrongly accuse, and fine the shit out of everyone...

Except, you know, in this situation the cop was not only doing his job, but the RIGHT thing in stopping the OP from speeding and causing another accident when that cop had just finished processing an accident just before. So take your conspiracy, anarchy bs elsewhere.