You're the ass

By etgohome - 26/08/2013 00:10 - Canada - Kingston

Today, I almost got run over on my bike by a truck who raced through a red light. After narrowly avoiding a collision, the car slowed down. Instead of apologizing for almost killing me, the driver stuck his head out of the window and yelled, "Nice ass!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 263
You deserved it 3 634

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Considering how many cyclists I see blatantly ignoring all traffic signs, I have 0 sympathy for you.

squideth 18

Yeah cause car owners are never horrible drivers, ever, right? What the **** is wrong with you? So, because she rides a bicycle, she deserves to be run over? Please do everyone a favour and NEVER DRIVE.

andruszko 2

I was going to say "at least you got a compliment out of it." But instead have to call out these hypocrites saying that complimenting a physical feature of a woman is "sexist" and "piggish." Which is pure stupidity. I mean, you're not even being ignorant...just stupid (hint: google the defintions.) Women compliment men on physical features all the time, and vice versa. While I don't come out so blatantly and say things like this, guess what? Women do to me all the time and I don't go off crying about it or accusing them of objectifying me. Yelling "great ass" out of the window is classless. It's not sexist, and not necessarily objectifying either. Learn the difference then come back and preach just because nobody in real life cares about or is attracted to you.

RedPillSucks 31

Women are less likely to sexually objectify men as men do women. If you don't think yelling "nice ass" to someone you almost ran over is sexual objectification, as well as being classless then you might also need to spend some time with google.

What effects a woman's discomfort at receiving these so called "compliments" that have to do with assessing her sexual worth and reducing her to a piece of meat, is the possibility that it's a precursor to rape. The women who apparently flirtatiously compliment parts of your body (if that is true) probably don't give you a sense of endangerment. You probably still feel in control of the situation. The next time a large, beefy man, twice the size of you, leers down at you and growls in your ear "Nice ass", you might begin to understand the fear that goes through a woman's mind.

And it is objectifying, to a comical degree. She wasn't a human being that he almost killed, she was a floating piece of ass attached to a bike. That's pure objectification.

I don't know a woman who would yell out in public to a complete stranger and compliment a man on a physical body part (unless it's her job, or she was drunk after a night of partying). Being honked or hollered at or stared at is an uncomfortable experience, and it's unusual that a woman would honk and holler.

Mademoiselle_fml 34

If you're not a woman who has been sexually objectified then you have no right to an opinion on the matter. Period. You don't know what it feels like, and therefore you have no right to judge.

I guess canadians aren't as nice as stories make them.

Poetaster 10

When your ass is so nice you almost cause car accidents.....Daym Girl!!

Be proud OP, your ass is so impressive it nearly causes accidents!

Good god, he nearly kills you but says you have a nice ass...what a doucheshittingpuppynozzle.

Next time don't take your donkey on bike rides. I'll be distracted too.

kaykay2922 11

Happens in Alberta, too. I fell when rollerblading when something like this happened to me.