Thanks babe

By Anonymous - 25/08/2013 23:30 - United States - Mission

Today, my boyfriend gave me the painting he had been working on. It was a heart with wings, my name, and the date we started dating. We have been dating for almost a year and a half. He misspelled my name. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 630
You deserved it 4 971

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TyLloyd 7

Is it something overly complicated? Or something that is more commonly spelled a different way?

Comments

alshygirl 14

So she can have her misspelled name on her body forever?

K410 18

Well anonymous is pretty hard to spell the first try :p

RedPillSucks 31

^ Damn! beat me to it... Well, with a tattoo, she'll have no "regrits"

If you've seen We're The Millers, it's spelled, "No Ragrets". Get with it, ya know what I'm sayin?

Yggdrasdael 4

Well Tikki Tikki Tembo-no Sa Rembo-chari Bari Ruchi-pip Peri Pembo is hard to spell.

emmydafox 16

I'm not sure why you're disliked #2, that was funny as hell.

I feel my childhood memories flowing back into me xD

GoodLookingGeese 10

Stop being bitchy. He did something special 4 u, no big deal. Don't make him feel bad.

The second I read '4 u' the voice in my head became a stereotypical blonde.

Is it something overly complicated? Or something that is more commonly spelled a different way?

CaitiieBuggs 23

I would think being in a decently lengthy relationship with someone whose name is spelt many ways, their version would be the 'knee-jerk reaction' of how to spell it though. But what you said could be very possible.

My first Valentine's Day with my bf he made a card and spelt it 'Valenes'. It's not that he can't spell it, it's just that he'd been concentrating so hard drawing the letters he thought he was on the second 'n' rather than the first. So I could possibly see how this could happen, depending on the name.

My boyfriend did a similar thing, he put "valetine" on the card.

TyLloyd 7

I agree 5, and people make silly mistakes all the time! You should at least feel like a lucky girl that he put effort and work into something specifically for you, even if it isn't perfect.

exactly, at least you know he cares :)

It's the thought that counts, isn't it? I can't imagine something like a painting was an afterthought, he must have spent plenty of time on it just for you.

CharresBarkrey 15

He must not think too highly of her if he can't be bothered to remember the spelling of her name.

I wouldn't say that. Maybe when he took a step back to admire his masterpiece he realized he spelled her name wrong and it was too late to fix it. It doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't care for her.

RedPillSucks 31

She probably has a name with different spellings. Lori, Laurie, Laura, ...

honestly, I would've just been happy that he made all that effort just for me. I'm sure it was a little spelling mistake anyway, it'snot like he wrote a completely different name.

Dyselxia maybe? I am dyslexic with numbers mostly but sometimes I find myself misspelling words or names I for sure know how to spell.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Number dyslexia is called dyscalcula. I have both dyslexia and dyscalcula. It's only classified as such though if it causes impairment. I keep auto correct turned on with my phone to help, but handwriting? It's hard. Math is even worse. Anything past grade two math I have to do painfully slow or I switch numbers around and get it wrong.

way to focus on the negative. FhisL for dating a debbie downer.

RedPillSucks 31

That's Debby Dawner, you insensitive ingrate!!!