Waiting room issues

By Anonymous - 04/11/2014 19:08 - United States - Grand Ledge

Today, while in a hospital waiting room, a man started talking to me. After a few minutes, he asked me what I did for a living, and I said I'm a stay-at-home mom. He looked me up and down and said, "Huh. No life ambitions, huh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 7 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was completely wrong.. Obviously it's your life ambition to bring into this world and nurture the next generation of corporate slaves (aka employees).

Stay at home mom are some of the hardest working people I know

Comments

What a bastard. I suppose a flat look and a "My life ambition is to raise well-adjusted, polite human beings who don't insult total strangers" would be a good response.

"Well I look cool while having no ambitions"

So pretty much you cook, clean and watch your children. My mother did that while working an actual paying job.

CaroAurelia 12

Don't listen to him. Stay at home mums rock. They work just as hard, if not harder; don't get paid; no sick days; and can get arrested for not showing up.

I stay at home with my daughter during the day and work night shifts to make sure my family is taken care of. Taking care of my daughter is definitely harder! It's almost like I'm going to work to get a break! Forget that guy and his ignorant comments. I'm sure you are a wonderful mother with great ambitions!

MommyTesta 9

I have worked for years and had babysitters raising my children. Now my husband and I are in a spot where we decided I'd be a stay at home mom. We can afford it. I can honestly say that some days we've joked about how I want to go back to work to get a break from the kids. Just part time to relax. He was unemployed due to lack of financing for his lab and is thrilled to be back at work. After two months of being a stay at home dad he realized it's more than sitting at home watching tv. It's actually frustrating beyond belief. You do everything for everyone and stay up really late just to fit in your bath time. We home school as well so there's no break while the kids are at school and I play the teacher role. Yet I don't get paid a dime for it. All my husband does is work. That's it. I do everything else for everyone else. Dinners even ready when he walks in the door. I don't have to listen to my boss or worried about fired. That's the nice part. But it was more relaxing getting that free time and socializing with other adults. No it's not the hardest job. But it's not just sitting around watching tv and eating bon bons either. And you get absolutely no free time whatsoever. But I'm proud to do it knowing what my kids are learning, eating and everything else. They'll be productive citizens. Not feminist liberals who bash people for raising their children properly and themselves.