Waiting room issues

By Anonymous - 04/11/2014 19:08 - United States - Grand Ledge

Today, while in a hospital waiting room, a man started talking to me. After a few minutes, he asked me what I did for a living, and I said I'm a stay-at-home mom. He looked me up and down and said, "Huh. No life ambitions, huh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 7 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was completely wrong.. Obviously it's your life ambition to bring into this world and nurture the next generation of corporate slaves (aka employees).

Stay at home mom are some of the hardest working people I know

Comments

Lovingly raising your children and being active in every aspect of their life is one of the biggest ambitions one can ever have. You shoulda slapped him silly.

Stay at home parents are some of the hardest working people.

K_kanaka 26

Permission to kick him in the nut granted.

im tired of hearing people say "I,would have done that and that" it's s not like there's no consequences!

Well I just met the most wonderful connection with a women who has a child.

...but he's right. YDI for not working, plenty of women have important, full time careers and also manage to be full time mothers.

Oh jeez. OP choose to be a housewife as her "important, full-time career". My mother is a housewife, and she never gets a break. Being on the clock 24/7 is extremely hard.

As I recall, people have the power to choose what they want to do. She wants to be a stay-at-home mom. That's well within her rights. She's not an idiot for making a choice that disagrees with your thoughts or opinions.

MommyTesta 9

if they're working full time then they're obviously NOT full time mothers. You should really think before you type. If someone in a daycare is raising your children, potty training them, teaching them, etc. then you're not doing it. Which means you're NOT being a full time mother. And not working to raise their children instead of an institution doesn't make someone an idiot. You're probably just jealous because they can afford to have one parent not work and have children and still pay their bills.