Waiting room issues

By Anonymous - 04/11/2014 19:08 - United States - Grand Ledge

Today, while in a hospital waiting room, a man started talking to me. After a few minutes, he asked me what I did for a living, and I said I'm a stay-at-home mom. He looked me up and down and said, "Huh. No life ambitions, huh?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 473
You deserved it 7 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He was completely wrong.. Obviously it's your life ambition to bring into this world and nurture the next generation of corporate slaves (aka employees).

Stay at home mom are some of the hardest working people I know

Comments

He was completely wrong.. Obviously it's your life ambition to bring into this world and nurture the next generation of corporate slaves (aka employees).

malea_17 16

I'd beat him! That's rude as ****

Stay at home mom are some of the hardest working people I know

I know! My aunt adopted a two year old, whose mom was a drug addict. I babysit that kid for maybe three hours. It was hell. Don't know how people do it 24/7. I was mentally and physically exhausted. Never agreed to babysit again.

grogers311 20

Not sure why the down votes - my wife is a stay at home mom & she works her ass off!

jthmtwin 16

Better to learn bow than too late :) @22

You should have told him off! That was really uncalled for. I have respect for you, being a stay at home mom is hard!

Or if he does, he's obliviously not the giving them attention and always being with them.

Forget him, I'm sure you're a wonderful mother! Being a Stay at home is harder than most people think it is!

for a while, thats what people would tell me too and it really bummed me out. until i realized its hard and somebody has to do it. maybe i was called to have children, maybe you weren't. you don't have to be a dick about it tho, right? (in regards to people who would tell me that)

rabidpeach 5

i think folks have children when they (hopefully) consent to sex, noone is called anywhere. i agree this is plenty rude thing to say, but aren't the mommies who keep jobs just that much more hard-working? perhaps even the hardest?

rabidpeach 5

re my own post, what does hard work have to.do with life ambitions? one can be ambitious and lazy. op should have replied 'my ambition is to raise beautifully well adjusted kids' which is a lovely, albeit old-timey american motherhood type sentiment. however... iff you did have something else going on and you use your kids as excuse to say, not go to collegeor have awesome career, then that's a sad thing regardless how good a mommie you are.

asnakelovinbabe 16

No, it just means someone else is watching their kids for them while they work. Either way, it's hard. There is a reason you pay people so much money to sit your kids. It can be absolutely exhausting. I know... I've done both, first working 60-70 hours a week with a baby at home.... and then as a stay at home mom.... and now I'm doing option 3.... Raising kids at home while simultaneously running my business from home. It's hectic, but no moms or dad's should be judged for how they go about providing for their family as long as that is what they are actually doing.

Some people do not give enough credit to stay at home parents.