Tough choice

By Anonymous - 12/03/2011 00:02 - United States

Today, I was prescribed medicine for anxiety. Without it, my stomach churns all day. With it, I shake uncontrollably and my eyes twitch. Now I have to choose between diarrhea and rude stares from people in public. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 914
You deserved it 3 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask for another medicine? There's not just one for anxiety out there, I'm sure there's one that'll leave your eyes and body be :)

Go for the rude stares. Who knows, maybe someone will think that you're winking at them and you'll find yourself a date.

Comments

Give it time. the shakes are just a side effect as your body gets used to the chemicals. mine did the same thing.

Immatheprez 0

it would of been a lot funnier if you spelled is right

#88 When correcting someone's spelling, use correct grammar. In case you don't know what you did wrong, it's "would HAVE" or "would've", but *never* "would of". NEVER.

lordcaliburx 0

I have this feeling that I have read this one before. does FML repost old FMLs?

no but people do steal old ones to try and get on the featured recents.

uh so go back to the doctor and ask to try a different kind? duh...

shynerdygirl 0

Your body is probably not used to it yet. Give it time and if it doesn't improve in a couple weeks see if they can switch your medication. Also, make sure you take it with food if it says so. Even if it's just a slice of bread. Good luck!

Don't mean to get all serious, but there are also heaps of really effective treatments for anxiety that are not pharmacy based. Ppl often get the best outcomes w a mix of psychological, medical and lifestyle treatments. Why not also try a talking therapy or relaxation therapy? They really help.

boatkicker 4

Therapy is a lot more expensive than pills, and thus not always an option (though when it is an option, it's preferable)

I don't understand what of has to do with preventing your direah? or how ever u spell it. I thought u had anxiety

sallen0046 4

The medication itself has no ability to prevent diarrhea. The OP's anxiety causes an upset stomach that results in diarrhea, and as the medication alleviates their anxiety, it has the side-effect of alleviating the diarrhea as well.

I'd say Ur probably on the wrong medication for u!

OP's not necessarily on the wrong medication, considering that they just started it. New meds suck, especially mood/anxiety disorder ones. Those side effects are typical for certain medications (albeit, not any anxiolytics I've ever been on...).... See the thing is that the MOST effective medications for anxiety (benzodiazepines, BZDs for short) can be addictive and habit forming. A lot of doctors are reluctant to prescribe them for this reason. The most commonly prescribed BZD that people would know is Xanax, and that stuff can get seriously habit forming. So yeah, OP. I feel for ya. Try to get some BZDs.

Haha so basically you choose between Michael J Fox or pepto bosmol, solid choices.