Tough choice

By Anonymous - 12/03/2011 00:02 - United States

Today, I was prescribed medicine for anxiety. Without it, my stomach churns all day. With it, I shake uncontrollably and my eyes twitch. Now I have to choose between diarrhea and rude stares from people in public. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 914
You deserved it 3 007

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask for another medicine? There's not just one for anxiety out there, I'm sure there's one that'll leave your eyes and body be :)

Go for the rude stares. Who knows, maybe someone will think that you're winking at them and you'll find yourself a date.

Comments

January8 5

@ 39 - silly rabbit! You know better than anyone I'm sure (seeing as you've been on medication) you should NEVER quit "cold turkey" off of medication; it's dangerous. It has side effects (as you have experienced), some of which have very big consequences and the body can react very badly. Death is one of those, but of course, that's an extreme. Possible, but an extreme. One should always ween off meds. I'm glad you're ok :)

AislinP 13

@77 - Not necessarily. I've switched from one anxiety medication to another and was never told to wean myself off of it. Just to take the new medication instead (it was from Prozac to Lexapro in case you were wondering).

January8 5

@ 81 - yes replacing chemical with chemical, i understand; this i was not addressing. this person was going from chemical daily to absolutely nothing. that's what i'm regarding. : )

AislinP 13

@ 82 - Oh, alright. That I can understand. Sorry about that.

January8 5
Kb_Harlem 0

don't worry the side effects of legal crack go away eventually...

Ask the dr if there's a different medicine u can try. If not, get off the medicine & change ur diet to something more healthy & balanced instead. Nature is better than chemicals in the long run.

nixibeast 0

my anti depression meds make me shake badly too... I tried tons of diff kinds but these actually work

mhinaj 0

Sounds to me like these meds actually add to your anxiety, so maybe find some new medicine...

Trust me, you don't need the general public. Not with where it's heading these days. -___-

Xxlaurahatakexx 9

Every anxiety med I've tried changed my personality and gave me a bunch of side effects. My anxiety gives me panic attacks daily