By failhusband - 10/07/2009 23:18 - United States

Today, my wife and I decided to try a relationship book. The first activity was to write down some things your partner does that bothers you. I made a very long list, then my wife and I swapped papers. She'd written, "nothing, I love everything about you." She read my list and began tearing up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 142
You deserved it 73 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i bet the wife was the one that came up with the idea of the book lolz

Oh that was a setup... i feel bad for both of you :-

Comments

bongoboy 0

Sometimes with things like that you have to lie.

Wrong. Lying is easy, telling the truth takes balls.

You both deserve it. These exercises are usually fully outlined in "rules". A long list was overboard - of course it hurt her feeling. Every negative shouldve been followed with what you do like. She was overwhelmed with the negatives. She deserves it because she shouldve put Something down - nothing is a cop out. Even something minor that you guys can work on together. Saying nothing I love you is entrapment& manipulative regardless of who's idea it was to do this.

Exactly! Just saying "nothing, I love you" completely defeats the point of the exercise.

zander09 0

Chances are, she's lying her **** off. At least you were honest.

Her fault for lying. But a "very long" list, really? You should've just written down the most important ones.

You're an idiot. and the fact you're married is amazing. Why did you agree to this idea you stupid, stupid idiot?! Such a trap man, come on...THINK!!

LMAO, just stupid, your wife made you did this and now you made her cried, your just plain stupid

"dun dun dunnn" Anyway. FYL and YDI. You should know better.

StarrieyedFML 0

I agree you were being honest, but making a long list was an asshole thing to do. You should have agreed to pick 5 things. That's it. Not a long list. use your common sense man! IT'S NOT THAT HARD. Because if you guys were trying to "fix problems", You just made them worse. A LOT WORSE.

I agree with a lot of the opinions that suggest that the OP's wife could be lying...but I wouldn't exactly DEEM it lying. I mean, I think it's possible to love someone so whole-heartedly that you can look PAST those flaws, because that's the beauty of love. But looking past the flaws doesn't mean that there aren't habits or quirks that his wife is annoyed by. Oprah said something about how women shouldn't place men on a pedestal, because they're men and nothing more, not some sort of Quasi-God. So FYL for having to deal with an emotional wife even though all you did was tell the truth ..