By Anonymous - 28/06/2014 20:40 - United States - Oakland

Today, my soon to be mother-in-law sent out the invitations she made for my wedding. On them, it says "You are invited to this 'special' event". In the same way, I'm referred to as "special", and my name is misspelled. Hint taken, you bitch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 320
You deserved it 4 625

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Monster-in-law award goes to this one! Sorry op, she has some problems.

She seems 'special' in her own little ways, too.

Comments

How could you have not known that she didn't like you before you let her organise the wedding invitations for you. Sorry OP but I think you slightly deserved it.

Maybe she's just an idiot, and is one of those dumbasses who think that quotation marks are for emphasis.

I have dealt with this crap before here is what you do. 1. make it clear she is now missing her daughters wedding she is not welcome at the wedding or the reception afterwards. 2. remind her that on top of this some day you and your wife will be having children and that while you would love for them to know their grandma it isn't nessesary. some think the response is a bit on the atomic side of things. but M.A.D. has kept country's from stepping too far for the better half of a century now. trust me unless she has some serious clout such as control of her daughters fortune she will blink first.

That might be a bit extreme and could hurt his fiancee by doing that, she will want her mother there at her wedding after all. However, she should be telling her mother off for that. I would be furious with my mum for that and would be ignoring her for weeks if not months. She may not like the guy, but that is NO reason to ruin invitations. Got a problem? Talk about it, don't go behind someone's back, its very petty and rude.

if my fiance wanted her there that badly then her mother may write a public apologize stating what she did and apologizing for it. after I approve it she can pay to have ot posted in the local paper on top of the cost, time, and effort in mailing a copy to everyone she mailed an invitation to. you must understand i am not telling him how to win this fight. i am telling him to win every fight from now to forever before it is even started.

I have to agree with this. Put your foot down immediately so the woman knows her immature behaviour will not be tolerated in your new family.

If you knew she didn't like you, you probably shouldn't have let her be in charge of ANYTHING that has to do with your wedding.

rocker_chick23 27

His fiancé is probably the one who let her mother do the invitations. Why the **** are you blaming the OP?

soon to be mother in laws are the worst...I wish mine would just disappear.

This is why I'm going to try and do the invitations myself, I'm not gonna let anyone **** that up for me. I can do that myself :)