By notmarriedyet - 01/10/2009 13:28 - United States

Today, it was my wedding day. Everything went great, except that no one showed up. Apparently, the address of the invitation was typed wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 792
You deserved it 16 956

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Jordie210 0

you should have proofread, ydi

Surely you could have phoned someone, postpone it until everyone got there.. and then do the service? How bad of a typo could it have been? And how did you not discuss your venue with your friends and family? It would have come up in conversation if you were talking about your venue and they thought it was somewhere else. I find it hard to believe that no-one noticed.

Comments

Zhejan 0

What the ****: "Everything went great"?... This is one of the fakest FMLs I've heard. First off, if you were getting married, you'd obviously be more concerned about your ******* wedding than posting it on FML -Weddings take a shitload of preparation. You would obviously know if the address was wrong -Wouldn't your family recognize the location by your house? I'm pretty sure your mom doesn't need directions to get to her own daughter's house -Was your groom there? -There's a lot more I'd like to disprove, but this just doesn't deserve it Superfake.

when was the last time you went to a wedding at someone's house?

Who the **** said it was at their house???????? Maybe the mom needs directions to get to, oh, a chapel!

Who the **** gets married at their house? Not even in this economy have I EVER heard of anyone getting married at home. Also, most people don't plan their own weddings. This is clearly either the fault of the wedding planner, who got the address wrong, or the printers, who printed the invitations incorrectly. Way to show your trailer trash roots, country bumpkin.

Obviously you havent been to many weddings. Lot's of people get married in their home/backyard. I wouldn't, but Ive been to quite a few. Also, MOST people plan their own weddings. Wedding planners are expensive as hell. AND I live in San Diego, where people def have money. There was nothing country bumpkin OR white trash about the weddings Ive been to at people's homes. How old are you? 12? lol

The whole point is that it's pretty trashy to ASSUME that a wedding is taking place at someone's house. Obviously, that poster has never been to a wedding at an actual venue. I suppose it's okay to have a backyard wedding if it's done well, but I have been to many weddings and never has anyone ever done anything like that! Maybe we do things differently here in the South.

Usually the bride has at least her bridesmaids and mother show up to help her get ready, no?

xenomorph 0
the_stereotype 0

*sigh* everyone on here is mean to each other; it's nothing new op, i'd suggest learning to read...and if you can, then obviously the person who was teaching you taught it to you wrong

awesomenessjess 0

that your fault though ! I don't feel sorry but I sort of do.im going crazy!

mjluvr 0

gosh I feel sooooo sorry for you OP!!!!!!

#34 who said it was at their house?!!? Maybe there was just a letter missing it a number missing from the actual address. Which she didn't say it was at her house!

Jordie210 0

you should have proofread, ydi

X_totallysucks_X 0

Smooth ... That's why you double/triple check ... YDI

You mean the groom didn't know where to go? Are you sure that you aren't using the mistyped invitation as a cover-up that your husband-to-be realized that you are a bitter, nagging shrew and came to his senses in the nick of time and got the hell out of Dodge? Are you sure?

Surely you could have phoned someone, postpone it until everyone got there.. and then do the service? How bad of a typo could it have been? And how did you not discuss your venue with your friends and family? It would have come up in conversation if you were talking about your venue and they thought it was somewhere else. I find it hard to believe that no-one noticed.

I dunno what a 'venue' is, but agree, surely SOMEONE in the wedding party would have noticed the typo. So I'm not buying it and I'm not voting on it.

Venue is the location it is held at, e.g. Church, beach, hotel, etc. All venues.

Agreed completely. When I was engaged, EVERYONE knew the venue for the reception and what church the wedding was at. And that was LONG before the wedding was supposed to happen. Honestly, in my family, no one even pays attention to the address because everyone knows where the venuies are.

People might have been busy that day and they aren't going to just drop everything and rush to the wedding. Also people rent venues so they probably only had it for a limited amount of time.

I would take this as a sign and RUN!!!!!!! Someone from up above is trying to tell you something. lol

I hope you're joking. What a stupid reason to walk out on someone.

I don't know what is up with the commenting system, but this was originally #17 and it seems to have just disappeared. I've heard this guy called SaintJimmy is into felching and Dirty Sanchezes. He watches Two Girls, One Cup two to three times. . . an hour. He wants to be peed on.

lol i think he's joking... or are you ^ being sarcastic...?

I was joking. I wanted to point out that SaintJimmy agrees to future comments, and that could end up biting him in the ass, or make him bite someone else's ass, as the case may be.

Plexico wasn't joking about the comments being messed up though. They're ok now.

For a while I thought it was a Firefox issue, I downloaded Chrome and it seems to work pretty good on it. It must have been pretty embarrassing at the reception with no one there hahaha Nice hair Intoxi! ____________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

Um, you know that's old, right? The previous pic with the black and purple short hair is the most recent. The blond in my current pic is from about April. Yeah, I hate Chrome, personally. Firefox is my baby. I'll deal with the problems. Every time I mention them to the staff, they get fixed. So no biggie.

Yeah I realized it after I clicked it lol. I thought it was new at first. It looks great on you though! :) I'm glad to see the FML staff is responsive though, so many other websites wouldn't care lol __________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

Yes, I grew my hair out well over a foot in a couple weeks... >_>

Jeez destroy my compliment why don't you :P ______________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99