By Anonymous - 28/10/2011 03:48 - United States

Today, my roomate informed me that her snake was missing in our apartment again. Apparently, I need to be careful because the snake's attracted to blood. I'm on my period. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 358
You deserved it 3 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

HerpYourDerp 7

What do you mean, "again"? How many times has that snake been missing in your apartment?

Buttsexpirate 9

While in the bathroom you're gonna hear "Feed me ssssseymour!"

Comments

I'm afraid you will never see your snake again if it is in your toilets ... RIP

She's probably used to snakes trying to slither into her pants...

Unless you smell like rodent I wouldn't be worried. Your roommate clearly doesn't know anything about snakes and shouldn't be keeping one if she allows them to escape repeatedly.

RawrNom 0

above is right. blood doesn't attract them. they don't chew, they swallow hole so never taste or scent blood as a food source. they wouldn't eat dead animals with blood on anyway, not naturally, so it's not in a snakes nature to associate food with blood. also, the fact she's let it out again is silly. she either needs to be more careful or buy a better tank. - animal studies student.

llZombiell 5

I was gonna say... I thought snakes use something like a heat sensor to find it's prey. ._. Op last time I checked snakes weren't sharks.

leahjae13 6

I'm so glad someone finally pointed out that snakes are NOT attracted to blood! Sorry OP but your roommate is a moron for telling you that AND for letting the snake escape repeatedly...

Only pit vipers and most pythons and boas sense heat.

keep your snake in the cage.... literally!

Did you read the post it says she does keep it contained but it happens to escape occasionally

I prefer to cage my snakes figuratively.

What kind of snake is attracted to the smell of blood? Are you sure she didn't get it confused with a shark?

Snakes aren't attracted to blood, they can't even smell it. Snakes are attracted to heat.

You hear that, OP? Bears. Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.

O.e and you're still rooming with her why?