By merse - 18/02/2010 13:20 - United States

Today, my parents decided they won't pay for college because of a Fox News story that said higher education "makes you liberal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 008
You deserved it 3 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going to college doesn't make you liberal, it makes you smarter and more prepared in the world. Your parents are really ignorant

Fox are idiots, they just implied that Liberal people are highly educated. They're right for once; their right wing nazi-fest is for retards.

Comments

haha, good to live in europe, only liberals here. (along with some crazy discriminating guys).

DTH 0
purplemnm 9

yea coz they're smarter thanthe closes minded zombie worshipping nascar watching slobby trailer trash

MrsxStewart 4

I am appauled. You are very close minded

Well they'll end up paying for it when you register. Your age will cause the college to bill your patents lol

slokil 0

Registering for it will not automatically cause your parents to be billed regardless of your age. My college bills are all directed towards me (and I deal with making my own way through college with grants, financial aid, and a job). Look at it this way if your parents aren't paying for your college they can't complain about what you are doing in college.

So? Pay for it yourself. Parents DO NOT have to put their kids through college. They aren't smart for believing everything on tv, however they do NOT have to put you through college.

This just in - your parents watch and believe FOX News, discrediting any and all decisions they will ever make in your life. You might as well disown them and start your new life in Mexico. You can be called "Pablo De Confiado" and live in a shack infested with rats, chickens, and Tequila. Your days in the smog-infested city will be lazy and liberating as you try and sell tortillas on the street corner. You will have 18 kids and all will be able to go to college in the United States and become more successful than you. You may also die of dysentery. See what happens when decisions are made based on FOX News reports?

spaceydude 0

Withdraw all the money from your parent's bank account and tell them the liberals took it or something. they'll believe that if they're dumb enough to believe faux news.

acesarge 0

Ugh, I hate people like your parents OP. Fyl for having red neck parents and for having to live in the south.

Faux News, indeedy! I hate that station more than anything else on TV. I'd rather watch The Hills. =/

geordieboysgirl 0

LOL- this is why normal people can't stand conservatives. Zero logic and plenty of BS.

HAHA! It's laughable how conservatives are supposedly not "normal" people. Who are then? Liberals right? Liberals are idiots because they are so blind that they can't even see the majority of people in the United States actually do tend to prefer conservative leaders over liberal ones. Yes the extreme conservatives are the minority, but there are way more moderate conservatives than moderate liberals. In most presidential elections way more states go Republican than Democrat. That was only different in 2008 because people were upset about a lot of things in the country, and because they didn't feel Bush was even being a true conservative anymore (which I'd say is true). The liberal media just blinds their people so they think the only intelligent people out there are liberals, which is completely false. And it's really laughable how liberals can't stand evil Fox News because it's mostly conservative. If you can't see that most of the other news networks are mostly liberal you are just blind and I can't even take you serious. Yes as a conservative I can admit that Fox News is conservative. It would be ignorant of me to not know that, but it's just as ignorant if not more ignorant to not see that the other networks are very liberal. The liberals just can't stand having the other side actually get a voice for once. For years they've done a good job of taking control of the media so they can silence the conservative perspective. That's because when liberals vs. conservatives actually have a fair debate the liberals and their B.S. becomes crystal clear. Oh and to actually respond to the FML itself, it is dumb that your parents would not want you to go to college just because college tends to be liberally biased, but you should just have to pay for your own college regardless. My parents helped me a small amount, but for the most part I have to pay it all myself.

geordieboysgirl 0

And let me add - conservatives have NO sense of humor. JC get over yourself!!!

dudeitsdanny 9

#50- So then you realize that Fox doesnt report the whole story? And you realize that they report opinions and try to pass them off as facts? And you realize they attack liberal politicians and put conservative ones on a pedestal? I also assume you realize that everyone they interview who doesnt agree with their conservative views is interrupted and not allowed to come back? Only an idiot would watch Fox News for real news. But then all other American news networks seem to try and compete with Fox, so i recommend the internet for more reliable news. Even foreign networks. Some radio stations even.

there are not way more moderate conservatives than moderate liberals. the GOP actually has a reputation for turning on moderate conservatives and outcasting them. and the nation isn't more con than lib. that's another false statement. if that were true there wouldn't be as many liberals leaders as there have been from FDR, LBJ, JFK (I'm seeing a trend with liberals, lol), Carter, Clinton and now Obama (and that's just naming a few notable libs).

^ Just a note to say thanks for making my moderation script throw a fit at the number of "mod"s in your comment. Okay, carry on...

The problem with Fox isn't that they lean to the right. The problem with Fox is that they use their opinion programming to feed their "news" programming, and they argued in a lawsuit that an FCC policy against falsification wasn't a rule or law so they wouldn't have to pay out $4xx,000 in a whistleblower lawsuit in Florida.

For everyone saying that Fox News tries to pass opinion as fact, so does every single tv network station. That's just the way tv is nowadays. There is no completely unbiased tv news source.

If America was upset that Bush wasn't being conservative enough any more, shouldn't they vote for someone who's a true conservative then? Instead of Obama.

By the way my comment was directed to #50

He had given the party a bad name and the more moderate people (which is probably about 30-40% of the voting population) were ready for a change, so they voted democrat. Now that they are starting to see how bad Obama's "change" is they're starting to go back to the conservative side of things. There's a reason Ted Kennedy's seat was taken by a Republican and not just another democrat.

To #50 As a minor note on the side: "In most presidential elections way more states go Republican than Democrat." As the electoral votes awarded per state would suggest, it's not important how many states vote for one side or the other but rather how many people are in that state. When there are more people in a state the state has more electoral votes. If your argument is supposed to mean that more people are voting republican, you may want to use a different example as your current one is... useless.

thank you letomi. the electoral college is a joke. there are far more democrats in this nation than republicans, as evidenced by popular vote totals in most elections.

Diannaa 0

Lol sucks to have such ignorant parents...