By Anonymous - 17/01/2010 15:18 - United States

Today, my mother woke me up at 4:30 A.M. to tell me our dog was running down the street. I ran for an hour, chasing after her. Turns out it was our new neighbor's dog. Ours was in our basement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 930
You deserved it 4 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks, I'd check the house before searching, Tbh.

Damn, that sucks. Reminds me of when my neighbor tried to get me to help catch her Chihuahuas at 5 in the morning.

Comments

Your life is awesome for being a good pet owner and caring enough to chase him, even if he wasn't yours.

Agreed. Crappy owners would just let their dog go. This person sounds like a good person. Also people are like "blah blah blah neighbors dog stupid neighbors". Uh, most of my neighbors are elderly or definitely not in any sort of shape to chase after their dogs. I can't say I'd be happy to chase after their dog but I would do it because it needs to be done.

OP, your life is not ****** just because you had to wake up early and go for a jog. Also, never believe your mother before ten in the morning.

YDI for having a dog, and for living next to someone with a dog, without killing it.

daydreamstar 7
cucumberfabulous 7
freezelikeme123 0

how the hell would you not recgonize your own dog?

Hugorgy 0

The neighbor could have a similar dog? Besides, it may be difficult to discern the dog when it's dark outside and when OP's mom said it was their dog that escaped.

This has happened to me before, you know your the only one in the neighborhood with that breed (or in my case a pair of cat breeds) so you never think to look for identifying marks when you chase them down. OP, FYI: Later your neighbors are going to see their dog locked in your house and freak, trying to figure out how he got in there so they can pull him back out. This I also know from personal experience.

When I was a little girl, my sister's plain gray cat got outside. We found him a couple houses down, so we picked him up and started to bring him back. Some lady came outside and started asking us why we were stealing her cat and was just being a huge b*tch about it (we were like 10 years old) and she literally grabbed him from our arms and started to take him in. He has a very distinctive meow, so when she started to take him, he protested with a nice loud "maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" and she held him away from her and said "oh, wait, this isn't my cat" and just put him down and walked off like nothing happened. Older lady trying to steal a little girls' cat... I can understand she probably thought, "oh, stupid little girls are trying to take my cat" but, seriously? Way to be a bitch, hope she felt bad that she was trying to steal OUR cat.

Fr0gg13 0

ur mom doesn't know the difference? fhl

When you finally caught the dog, did you let it go after you realised? If so, then FYNL.