By getting real crafty.. - 05/07/2015 15:51 - United States - Sanford

Today, my mother found out about the psychology exam I have to take tomorrow. Before leaving for her vacation this morning, she grabbed the internet router and took it with her to "get rid of distractions". I have one day to figure out how to access this online exam without Internet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 094
You deserved it 2 013

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

That sucks. But maybe you can go somewhere like the library or something?

I take online summer psych courses and just moved out of my mom's. My internet hasn't gotten set up yet and I've regularly been going to the local McDonald's for Internet so I feel your pain, OP.

Bad luck OP! Fortunately theres a few options: personal hotspot on your phone and the library would be the way to go! Good luck with it!

Naith 14

Hey OP Internet cafe might be a bit loud so try a library or a friends house or if you can't do any of that call up your educational body and explain and see what they say.

Naith 14

And worst comes to worst you can buy a cheapo router and plug it in. Note that doesn't work for everyone and you will need your ISP ACCOUNT details.

Too bad she didn't take the modem instead, could have hard wired in. If you normally have class at that time, going to the school wouldn't be too big a deal to take it at a computer there, and you should be able to have your book and notes with you. (Assuming open book exam based on it being online)

I think you have those two mixed up. In a nutshell, the line of connectivity goes ISP - Modem - Router - PC

As well, many courses are strictly online. No class time and no face to face with teachers. So there may not be an option for taking the test this way.

#73, the class being online or not is irrelevant. You can still go to your school's library or a computer lab to take the exam. Unless OP is doing long distance learning... In which case the school may not be an option but there's still always the library!

itwasntme14 19

You can connect with just a modem. As long as you have an Ethernet cord. Just most modems are also routers now, I'm assuming this one was. So check your facts before you try to act smart.

Try the library or friends house if you don't have a laptop. If you do try a cafe or a fast food place like McDonald's. You should probably make sure to buy some food though.

Damn, that sucks. She most likely assumed that the test would be on paper because to people her age, when a test is mentioned, the Internet does not come to mind. She should've talked to you about it before leaving. Good luck with your test.