By alexbobalex - 11/01/2010 07:23 - Aland Islands

Today, my mom found a pack of cigarettes in my pocket. She hates smoking, so she tore every single cigarette to pieces, then emptied a bag of kitty litter on them. On my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 916
You deserved it 57 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, hoover your damn bed and stop smoking.

Marijuana causes just as many respiratory problems. The whole, "Pot is better for you than cigarrettes," is an old wives tale. The only reason the stats are lower is because some people ingest it without smoking it. Fact is, it's still a mind altering substance that can cause problems. It does have some good medical applications, but that's of course for the people who aren't just abusing it. Smoking anything is bad for you. Period. That's why medical marijuana dispensaries offer a lot of edible alternatives.

Comments

Hey, if it were my kid, they'd be out on the curb. Consider yourself lucky. Smoking is your decision, true enough, but it does impact others. Many areas still are not smoke free, like bars and sporting events. How sad is it that you can't take a child to a football game without having their health in danger? And no, #9, cake isn't as bad. You can't get "second hand fat" like you can get "second hand cancer". Not to mention the resale value of any furniture, cars, clothes, etc. are all ruined because of the horrid smell. Smoking is a choice, but that doesn't mean that others have to let you do it. If that were the case, nothing would be outlawed, ever. I have just as much right to tell you that you shouldn't do something as you have of telling me I have no right to tell them not to do it, so by saying "what right do you have to tell them to not do it" you are mocking yourself.

Maddoctor 10

You would kick your child out onto the street to fend for themselves because you found a pack of unused cigarettes in their pocket with no proof that they smoke? How about we start with a "What are you doing with these?" conversation and go from there.

sandyjp7887 0

Judging a person because they smoke is ridiculous. Your child is not going to get cancer because they breathe in second hand smoke one day at a football game. I have never smoked and I used to be disgusted by people who smoke until I actually sat down and thought about it. Not everybody has an opportunity to see how bad cigarettes are for you, and a lot of people start smoking when they are teenagers. It was just a bad decision they made once that they are now stuck with until they can find the strength to quit. You do remember what it was like being a teenager don't you? When you would do anything to have friends? (And also, just because you were secure enough when you were a teenager to not give in to peer pressure does not make those that were stupid.) Then before you know it you are stuck with this habit that is incredibly difficult to stop. I also would like to point out that most smokers will tell you that they want to quit, but it is difficult when you are addicted to something. My point is that, although smoking is really bad for you and nobody likes to have to smell smoke, you people need to stop being so judgmental of a person who does smoke. This person's mother is understandably upset because they just found out their child is smoking, but her reaction was out of frustration. I hope that later that day she sat down with her kid and talked about a plan to help them quit smoking.

Shady_R 0

Not everybody has had a chance to see how bad cigarettes are? That's a bunch of bullshit and anyone with half a brain knows it. The messages about cigarettes being bad for your health are right on the packages. If you are too young to read them, than you are way too young to be smoking.

sandyjp7887 0

I was trying to imply that some people grow up in places where smoking is the norm and some teenagers have a hard time looking far into the future.

Actually, if I had not lived with smokers for most of my life, I'd have no idea how bad smoking is for you. Whenever I see someone smoking, they usually don't look ill. But having lived with my parents who smoked, everything reeked of smoke and I see how miserable my parents are and how badly their bodies have declined (when I was 11 someone asked me if *I* smoked, just because I smelled like it, how embarassing is that!)... then my ex's father would wake up coughing, hardcore, every night. He would never get a full nights sleep because he would wake up coughing multiple times a night. If it weren't for them, I would think smoking is just "eh, kind of bad", I would have no idea even the visible effects of smoking.

sandyjp7887 0

I am glad that that being around it made you aware of how bad smoking can be. I always thought that that would be the case until I made friends with people who smoked and a lot of them had parents who smoked and they said that they never thought about how bad it could be because their parents did it and they were okay. I know that everything is different per person. I was just frustrated at how some people were making judgments against those who smoke. I just wanted to point out that everybody has their own reasons and explanations for why they smoke and that it does not make them a bad or "gross" person. I know that we could all argue both sides back and forth for a million hours, and I don't really feel like doing that. So to each his own I suppose, lol.

Put the cat litter under your mums duvet it will give her a surprise when she gets into bed.

soksoeur 4

**** your poor kitty's life. Now he has to go on your bed to do the business! AND in Fall River,MA - that would be 8 bucks down the drain. So, YDI for having a shitty hiding place.

Eating cat litter would still be healthier than smoking one cigarette. Smokers are disgusting.

Uh? No it wouldn't, it would clump up in your stomach and you would have to go to the hospital right away.

The chemicals added to foods and in cosmetics can cause cancer and illnesses too. They may even be more dangerous than cigs depending on how much a person smokes. The biggest difference is that most smokers know and accept the risks. However saying that makes the situation a 'YDI' because they know what might happen to them is completely asinine. It's like responding to "Today, My child died because a drunk driver crashed into his/her car. FML" with "YDI for letting them drive" If non-smokers knew what the stuff they do can do to their health, smokers would start hearing a lot of apologies.

People who say smoking doesnt affect others are retarded. It can cause cancer in non-smokers and destroys furniture

87% of the time a statistic is pulled out of the persons ass. ...like this one.

AxCxDxDx 0

Nothing stops a habit like kitty litter.

If you're gonna do something stupid, find a better place to hide the evidence.