By alexbobalex - 11/01/2010 07:23 - Aland Islands

Today, my mom found a pack of cigarettes in my pocket. She hates smoking, so she tore every single cigarette to pieces, then emptied a bag of kitty litter on them. On my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 916
You deserved it 57 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, hoover your damn bed and stop smoking.

Marijuana causes just as many respiratory problems. The whole, "Pot is better for you than cigarrettes," is an old wives tale. The only reason the stats are lower is because some people ingest it without smoking it. Fact is, it's still a mind altering substance that can cause problems. It does have some good medical applications, but that's of course for the people who aren't just abusing it. Smoking anything is bad for you. Period. That's why medical marijuana dispensaries offer a lot of edible alternatives.

Comments

Zombinex 0

Perhaps your mother should pick up a bottle of meds to support her bi-polar disorder rather than lifting bags of cat litter to dump on your bed.

npk88 0

I'm surprised that more people have voted YDI...but I agree with them. Smoking is disgusting and your mom is probably just taking a really extreme way of showing you that. Kitty litter on the bed is a little over the top; but she was probably just upset. She doesn't want you to die and well, smoking kills you. Not to mention that while it slowly kills you it makes you look older, uglier, and smell terrible.

Fminetoo 0

This FML struck up a nerve with me, i even just lit a cigarette to be able to sit here and write this novel that im gonna. Yes, cigarettes are bad for you, they're bad for anyone, that is a very well known fact. However, everybody has there own "thing" their own little guilty pleasure. For some, speeding in a car sometimes can bring a quick thrill, others, enjoy the subtle burn as they down a shot of tequilla, and then some others prefer to inhale a tasty cigarette and enjoy the release of endorphins and other mind stimulants. I prefer to do all three. : ) I don't know how old the OP is, if you are like 14 or 15, I understand your parents stand point. My younger brother started smoking when he was 14, and that is a bit young. I on the other hand, started when i was 17, not quite legal yet, but i was providing for myself in so many ways before hand, i had a decent job, made more money then anyone in my high school, payed for my own car, pay my own car insurance, payed for my own food, and many other expenses, my parents deemed me as being "self sufficient" Smokers have to deal with enough already. We pay a ridiculous amount of tax per pack of cigs, cant smoke indoors in any public place, have to pay more for life and health insurance premiums, we even have to pay extra money if we want a cigarette lighter and ashtray in a new car. I have quit before, several times, once for 5 months, once for 9 weeks, and once for 1 month. The nine weeks was quite simply as i endured basic training, and the moment i arrived to an airport off base and was allowed to smoke again, you can bet that i did, i bought a pack at the airport, and went outside and enjoyed what probably was one of the best cigarettes ever, it was to a job well done. If you look at statistics, more often then not, its people that have a stressful job that smoke. Jobs such as waiter/waitress, line cooks, police officers, firefighters, military personel, and even people in the medical field such as Nurses, and paramedics. It's our way of staying "sane". Its my little way of taking a breather at work and being able to come back after a break and be clear headed and driven towards accomplishment. Everyone is gonna do there thing, theres no stopping it, and no changing it, if smoking floats your boat, Kudos to you! I feel the same way, i just hope your not like 14. lol. Tell your parents not to flip out, if you can support your habit, do it.

I have mixed feelings about your response. smoking is harmful to others and it's your choice to do it so you need to accept that you can't smoke indoors. And as for the, "if you can support your habit, do it", that's terrible advice. 'If you can support paying for tickets, why not speed?' because it's against the law and dangerous. that mentality in itself is dangerous

flemhead 0

epic win for the mother. haha you got told.

YDI FOR SMOKING LOL KNEEJERK REACTION TO ALL SMOKING FML DURRRRRRRRRRRR I ******* hate you all

Your mom is a bitch, you should be able to make your own decisions. .If she does that, it's only gunna make the girl smoke more in spite of her. Besides don't lecture her that smoking is bad because she knows it is, she'll quit on her own time.

That's hilarious if you're 18 or under, but sad if you're older. Obviously if you're under 18 you shouldn't have them anyway and it's your mothers house, but if you're older than 18 as long as you aren't smoking in your mom's home, that was rude of her.

There's no law in the Aland Islands about people under 18 not being allowed to smoke, though.

sadlives: It's a province of Finland, Finland's legal smoking age is 18.

smoking is gross!!! good for your mother.

She might have just saved you from lung cancer, be grateful she cares