By Gentleman - 11/01/2010 05:19 - United States

Today, I was very sick with a stomach virus, so I went to the only doctor's office open on Sundays. Even though I was feeling like a pile of shit, I waited for a woman who was walking in behind me to hold the door open for her. She was the last patient they could take for the day. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 226
You deserved it 3 237

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm a woman and I hold doors open for other people.... it has nothing to do with gender, people do it because its nice. Also, doctors can't do anything for viruses so they would have told you to get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids, etc. So really she saved you from paying for a doctor's visit needlessly ;)

epoh_fml 0

the BRAT diet will bind your stools--bananas, rice, apples, and toast. Lots of fluids and get to the ER ASAP if you're dehydrated.

Comments

ahh that sucks sorry about that ... what kind of doctors are they?? they are suppose to help everyone!

Shady_R 0

Doctors are supposed to work the duration of their day. OP could have gone earlier but left it until the last minute.

cucumberfabulous 7

Ahahah this reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm.... even though it's not exactly like this

Mx718 0

Very nice of you. Karma will kick in soon.

That one word "first" got you all those thumbs down. Let this be a lesson for all the other braggarts out there.

well that woman deserves a kick in the head, u only opened the door for her not give her permission to go in front of you in the line

newsgit 0

from the sound of it, he did. And, of course, that's bullshit. FYL. But just wait a few comments and we'll get those pessimistic YDI finders :(

Something very similar to this happened in Curb Your Enthusiasm. Where Larry goes to see a doctor who works on the 2bd floor so gets on the elevator, the doors are closing and this fat disgusting bitch is running begging him to hold it open so he does (amazingly). When they get off he let's her off first, it's halfway down the hallway he realizes they are going to the same place. Since she was a fat pig he was trying to get by but couldn't. Ended up waiting an extra hour cuz of her, when his appointment took 2 minutes.

epoh_fml 0

the BRAT diet will bind your stools--bananas, rice, apples, and toast. Lots of fluids and get to the ER ASAP if you're dehydrated.

awwwww I'm sorry OP!! And you were just trying to be nice too ):

Sorry OP. Hope you feel better soon. But I am glad to see that chivalry is not quite dead yet :)

wow thats bullshit, no doctors office would deny u service cuz someone was " the last patient they could take". Ur an idiot and so r the ppl who believe this

1800getalife 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I know right? He sounds like the epitome of a gentleman, and he sounds like he knows how to treat a lady *sarcasm*

*facepalm* I only came to the comments page to hear somebody say that

fogrunner 13

Apparently people had to start opening doors for ladies when corsettes came into fashion - they made women faint from the smallest effort. It's true that we can once again use our own hands. I'm a woman and I hold doors, but for both sexes, I'm not sexist about it :D

bdrodd 0

maybe its just courtesy? i mean would you want some one walking in front of you to slam the door on your face? come on, everyone holds doors for other people, at least here they do...

Ninjasaurus18 9

I hold doors open for guys. That obviously have bodies. Because you don't nessacarily need hands to open a door, but it's the nice thing to do.

I'm a woman and I hold doors open for other people.... it has nothing to do with gender, people do it because its nice. Also, doctors can't do anything for viruses so they would have told you to get lots of rest, drink lots of fluids, etc. So really she saved you from paying for a doctor's visit needlessly ;)

OPISDUMB 0

In America we do... It's called an co-pay

You are quite right, stomach viruses aren't treated, but how does the OP know that it's a virus? Salmonella/Campylobacter/Shigella are relatively common and hell, I couldn't differentiate between that and a virus. And oddly enough, these can be treated with antibiotics. Also Parasites are a viable of course.

As it is often said 'No good deed goes unpunished'. I am sorry for your misfortune =(

Ah, I was going to use that quote. Anyway, sorry OP. At least you were nice. :)

Voxphreak 0

Karma is a bitch ... she'll get that woman what she deserves soon enough. I hope you get better soon, stomach virii suck :S

yottskry 0

Viruses - there's no such word as virii. It's a word people use to try to sound clever when in fact it has the opposite effect.