By alexbobalex - 11/01/2010 07:23 - Aland Islands

Today, my mom found a pack of cigarettes in my pocket. She hates smoking, so she tore every single cigarette to pieces, then emptied a bag of kitty litter on them. On my bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 916
You deserved it 57 617

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, hoover your damn bed and stop smoking.

Marijuana causes just as many respiratory problems. The whole, "Pot is better for you than cigarrettes," is an old wives tale. The only reason the stats are lower is because some people ingest it without smoking it. Fact is, it's still a mind altering substance that can cause problems. It does have some good medical applications, but that's of course for the people who aren't just abusing it. Smoking anything is bad for you. Period. That's why medical marijuana dispensaries offer a lot of edible alternatives.

Comments

Its funny that people are acting like this is some huge invasion of privacy on the moms part. The person probably lives at home doesn't pay any bills or rent. They don't want to do the laundry and im assuming that this is what happened hear. The person forgot they were in the pocket and when the mom went to clean it turned the pockets inside out and found them IYF for sneaking around with them.

Who says its an invasion of privacy? Its mostly either "YDI for smoking" or "Freedom this, her rules that"

Meh. Probably not the first time the mom has found out. Doesn't make her actions any better though.

kalaemartin 0

and here we have the nerds tryna tell the world about drugs,morons,every body knows ciggerates R bad for you

YDI. Her house, her rules. If you don't want her to do that, move out. If you are a minor you shouldn't be having them anyway. If you are not a minor either move out or put them where she can't get to them. Most likely she smelled your nasty ass smokes and did it for spite. Serves you right. I have ZERO sympathy for someone who wants to contaminate my lungs and litter the roadways by flicking your butts out of the car window.

Fminetoo 0

On a side note, this really isnt about the OP, but about parenting in general. I didnt start smoking until i was 17, mostly because from the age of 12, my parents told me if decided to start smoking, they wouldnt care. It seems like youth now tend to do things out of rebellion, knowing their parents dont like it. Since my parents never told me "No smoking" I never had the perk of "looking cool and rebellious" so i didnt start smoking until i felt like doing it. Im really starting to believe that the trick to parenting is letting your kid have freedoms, and learn right from wrong their own way, and they develope into better people because of it. I was allowed to smoke, so i didnt do it just to be rebelious, i was allowed to drink, therefore, i didnt "binge drink" at my first oppurtunity.

So what you're saying is that neither way works. You tell your kid not to smoke and he'll do it out of rebellion, or you tell your kid you don't care and, like you, he still ends up doing it? Um, thanks for the lesson?

Fminetoo 0

Take it as you want, i just know that i didnt start doing it at 14 to be "cool."

god i ******* hate those phycho smoking haters. everuone can do what they want. i dont smoke, and dont plan on starting, but tell your mom to **** off

I love ur mom now. I absolutly HATE smoking

i concur. they shouldnt ban smoking because the world it too over populated anyway. its a good way for natural selection to take place and let the stupid smoking ones more likely to die out. :) woot. darwin FTW

Poke_my_mon 0

Why is it that everytime there is an FML about smoking... people just go off on it?

because people are douche bags and pot and tobacco are the greatest things to grow naturally out of this earth lol