By Anonymous - 14/02/2015 01:27 - United States

Today, my grandma rushed into my work and told my manager I had to leave due to a family emergency. Panicked, I ran to get my stuff and ran to the car. When I asked what had happened, she replied, "I needed someone to go see 50 Shades of Grey with me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 236
You deserved it 4 001

Same thing different taste

Top comments

UhHuhHoney 20

That is love right there. She even got you out of work to spend time with you!

Comments

That is love right there. She even got you out of work to spend time with you!

incoherentrmblr 21

OP is gender-less, but I assume they're male. At least you got out of work...

addisonrose12 16

#27 was talking about the OP, not the grandma *facepalm*

Lol my gram did the same thing with me! Except it was twilight. Not a better love story in this case.

Still a better love story than twilight. always a better love story than twilight

_sucks2suck_ 7

Actually 50 Shades and twilight are the same love story 50 Shades is just an adult version of twilight.

@111, it is, actually. 50 Shades was originally twilight fanfic.

Both romanticize abuse so they're both shit

UhHuhHoney 20

She wants to go see a public porno with her GRANDCHILD. That's not love, that's awkward and gross.

Granny and 50 shades of grey? This 2 things cannot go together :|

finalyearsofhate 22

Hate to break it to you, but older people still have sex lives.

Granny's sex life being anything like that abomination should be a hint OP should get her help.

Your grandma's into some pretty kinky stuff....maybe just look the other way?? Like, literally.

Your grandma is living life to the fullest. Good for her!

Doesn't matter, got out of work. Although 50 Shades Of Domestic Violence might not be the best place to go with a grandparent

He got her sign a contract agreeing to the physical abuse that will come with being his sex slave. So what "Domestic Violence" are you talking about?

Nevermind the fact that a contract like that doesn't matter at all legally, he's controlling and abusive outside the bedroom. It is in no way an accurate depiction of a BDSM relationship, the guy is just a creep tied with an expensive kinky bow.

#49 he ignored her safe word. In the BDSM community, if you ignore a person's safe word, it's no longer safe and is counted as assault. If it's not domestic violence and just "BDSM", why is the BDSM community so against it? I mean they'd be making sure it's known that it's all just BDSM, yet they're the ones calling it domestic violence.

JayVicious 20

in BDSM the sub is the one that holds the power. (looks the other way around from the outside but still) the dom cant do anything to the sub that the sub isnt comfortable with. if the dom does, then that is when the relationship turns abusive. and that contract is BS and would only work in literature...and only then if the author wanted it to.

nitrog100 21

The contract is more for Christian than it is for Anastasia. I mean, it's not like I'm into that sort of trashy literature, but from what I understand, he's not comfortable with the relationship unless the woman signs a contract. It's more about giving him peace of mind about the whole situation than about absolute control.

Rawrshi 25

As an active member of the BDSM community I would like to say that yes, even those in BDSM despise this trash and the movie it spawned. It had nothing to do with BDSM and gives those in BDSM a bad rep. Not to mention puts young would be submissives in danger by not stressing the importance of safewords and consent while giving the impression they have little power over what happens to them and "no" isn't an option. People have been injured, raped, and even KILLED because of this series. Just no. Christian Grey is a Dom-ass who took advantage of a young, impressionable virgin and Stockholm Syndrome. If you look up patterns of abuse it fits him to a T. If he was unattractive, broke, and worked in fast food people would be screaming abuse but because he's charismatic, has money, and looks nice it's romance? No.

Sorry she got you worried but at least you played hooky from work to go to see a movie.