By Micheal - 23/11/2009 03:59 - Canada

Today, my girlfriend broke up me with for being the "perfect boyfriend". Apparently I'm the best boyfriend she's ever had, and she didn't know how to take it. So she dumped me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 258
You deserved it 3 766

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds made up. She was prolly looking for a reason and couldn't think of anything

Comments

dont you know that some girls are just attracted to assholes. young girls are attracted to bad boys and older women look for a stable relationship sometimes with adventure.

I'll bet she dumped you because your a douche bag because you had the gaul to say "I am the perfect boyfriend" on a website, wow your a fail, get over it.

Ecxuse. Stupid ecxuse, but still an excues. If she would really considered you the best guy ever she would never dumped you.

Ive always been one of those girls that has a hard time breaking up with guys. I feel bad. My first bf literally guilted me out of a breakup by crying....worked for like a week. (We were 19 or so at the time) Truth is, people don't break up with someone because they're "too perfect." They tell them that when the person is so codependent that there is no other way to get rid of them. It feeds their ego while getting rid of them. I only pull out the "You're too good to me," on whiny bitches. Im all for a sensitive guy, but not when he cries more than I do. That is just a complete turn off and an annoyance. If Im going to date a man, I want him to BE a man, not a little girl. I have literally told a guy (while he was crying because I didn't really want to be with him after a MONTH), "I don't dig crying. It's just, if I dont get all whiny and emo about shit, I don't expect the guy to, either." And trust me, its not because I need some guy who is an asshole to me, my current boyfriend is amazing. He treats me like a freaking princess, but he also has a backbone and doesn't spend all his time trying to tell me what he thinks I want to hear. Sorry, OP, but you're probably a creepy co-dependent....

And lines like "too perfect/good" are what prompts comments such as "women only date assholes" and turns those whiny guys into giant pricks, because they think being good will get them nowhere. Think a little, fool, and get a spine while you're at it; you want to break up, ******* break up. You don't have to be a bitch about it, but don't let yourself get bulled into making shit up/"sparing their feelings" or staying in a relationship you don't want.

I dont anymore. Im 27 now and have been through a lot more.

fyl for real. this actually happened to me in my past 2 relationships. girls now adays want the bad boy, the one they can **** everyday, the one that steals stuff or disrespects their parents... us good guys have to wait til the girls are late 20'sfucked every guy they could to finally come to their senses and know that we were the one to begin with. it sucks and it's lame!

yeahreally 6

*sigh* girls these day especially ones like that that give the rest of us bad names and make perfectly good guys think there is something wrong with them when its not THEM but the girl.

Oldnslo 0

Congratulations! Seriously, she did you a favor. Upgrade your girlfriend: nothing gets you over the last one like the next one. Good luck.

Someone so unstable dosent deserve a boyfriend. Move on. Not a FML. It would be if she stayed with you.

I'm not a girl, so maybe I can't talk... But I think a fairly large difference between boys and girls is that girls are much more aware of what actually goes on in their head. I suppose I'm trying to say they're much more aware of what their subconscious is doing than we are. One of the reasons why some girls will never let you get away with "nothing" when they ask what you're thinking about. In any case, it is entirely possible that she really does think you're the perfect boyfriend, and that this really does have nothing to do with you. Or, she could just be trying to make you feel better. OR, she's fallen for someone else.