By Anonymous - 21/11/2012 05:00 - United States - Casselberry

Today, my dog climbed onto the dining room table to eat the cat's food. Then whined until I showed him how to get down. He does this every night. My dog is a genius. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 958
You deserved it 5 101

Same thing different taste

Top comments

the cats food is kept on the dining room table? ew...

Bob_Cat_fml 14

Genius enough to understand that you can be tricked every day the same way …

Comments

I have experience with animals, and they aren't smart, they think they can get away with anything and will never give up until they get it. Okay, they are geniuses.

Some animals are smart. Cats they learned how to be lazy and make humans worship them. Monkies they can learn the American Sign Language.

Your dog can get a job at an apple store as a genius. He'll fit right in!

chell1894 13

My Moms dog would always leave her room at night jump from the table into the trash can (he's like 8 pounds) and then sit in there whining until someone came and got him. Stupid dog..

Bob_Cat_fml 14

Genius enough to understand that you can be tricked every day the same way …

Inheritance 10

Or keep it there wait for the dog to jump up, then simply remove the cat food, and leave him up there for awhile and teach him a lesson.

the cats food is kept on the dining room table? ew...

oj101 33

I've heard worse. A person I know keeps a pet tortoise that lives in a drawer at the bottom of his closet.

The cat on the table is way worse the a turtle in a drawer

Marrach 7
chell1894 13

Op keeps it there because all dogs LOVE cat food. Cats are carnivores and their food is extremely meaty while dogs are omnivores and their food isn't nearly as meaty. It's like a dog treat to them. We have to keep ours on a small end table in the spare room or shut the cats with their food and everything.

Yeah. I agree. Used kitty litter paws on the table. Gag.

Exactly! Cats walk in their own crap. I have three and none of them are allowed on counters or tables. They are very well behaved......when I'm looking anyway.

You should probably put the cat food somewhere where the dog can't. reach it to avoid his whole situation in the first place.

oj101 33

I always put one dog in a separate, closed off room to feed him (pantry) whilst my other dog eats in the cloak room at the same time. That way, they don't steal each others food and they clearly know the boundaries.

Find a place for the cat's food that is inaccessible for the dog. Problem solved :)

Dogs like to think they can do cat things, until they realize their lack of agility and climbing skills. One time my dog managed to climb up onto our kitchen counter, where the cats were fed and liked to hang out, and I just found her wandering around up there looking totally lost. I'd suggest moving the cat food bowl or rearranging the furniture so that the dog can't get up there again.

zingline89 18
ChefPhilly 13

You should google how to stop this..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Op isn't asking for advice. Just sharing a funny story. It's her table and obviously she has no problem sharing it with her cat ( neither would I)

zingline89 18

Yeah! Don't let Krishna on the table!

chell1894 13

It's on the table because dogs love cat food and will eat it all. Cats are carnivores and their food is extremely meaty while dogs are omnivores so their food isn't nearly as meaty. Cat food is like a treat to them. So you have to put it somewhere dogs can't get to.

THANK YOU!!!!! I was wondering that myself.