By lon01t - 07/05/2012 20:43 - United Kingdom - Falkirk

Today, my four-year-old daughter started screaming and lashing out at me as I was getting her ready for a bath. It seems my idiot husband told her she was still small enough to be feasted on by the "drain monster". FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 283
You deserved it 2 640

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell her you are a drain monster fighter. Arm yourself with bleach, a plunger and a knife. Tell your daughter to wait outside, go into the bathroom. Make some grunting noises, come out and say the monster is dead. It should work, if not slap the husband and tell him to reassure your daughter.

Comments

alychick 5

Nice husband. I would kick his ass and tell him to tell her it's not real. What. Jerk for making her scared:(

alychick 5

-what a jerk- I corrected it because of grammar nazis. Yeah you know who you are.

alychick 5

Tell your husband the drain monster only eats small things. Like his penis. ( this is her friend so don't hate on her)

He was probably doing it to scare her for fun but it inconvenienced you. If you're calling him an idiot that must mean that you've had a bad day and her screaming didn't help. FYL OP and I hope tomorrow and you get along :)

Next time let your husband bathe her then.

Next time have your husband bathe her then.

koopaqueen 0

Anyone else get scared of the drain in the tub after seeing that rugrats episode?

marisadc79 0

Wow I hope you can calm her fears and shame on dad what a jerk thing to do to a little girl

People wonder why there are so many ******-up adults in the world and then persist on doing this type of thing to children! You are your child's window on the world. She will believe what you say and be scared of the scary things you tell her about. If she grows up with an abiding fear of water then dad will have spoiled everything from scuba-diving to the joy of a long soak in a hot bath for her. And all because he wanted a cheap laugh at her naivety. He should grow up and think about what he is doing to his own kid.

I saw commercials of It as a child. I was utterly horrified. Make sure you have the Ritual of Chud all worked out. Otherwise, you're ******.