It's the new thing!

By Squeakyclean - 23/08/2021 08:01

Today, my 14 year-old daughter threw a massive fit over showering. She dislodged the shower curtain rod and threatened to beat us with it if we ever force her to shower again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 946
You deserved it 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the hell kind of shower rod do you have? Every one I've seen is hollow metal or plastic and not a great weapon. You can easily fight back with a recently-used plunger. Just get her some Sonic tater tots and she'll calm down.

boostmechanic 2

You have to be the Alpha of your pack, and show her who the dominant one is. Accept he challenge and perform a dual.

Comments

What the hell kind of shower rod do you have? Every one I've seen is hollow metal or plastic and not a great weapon. You can easily fight back with a recently-used plunger. Just get her some Sonic tater tots and she'll calm down.

"fight back with a recently used plunger". That by itself is a stand alone comment

bioloss 10

You are on the tots today. 😂😂😂

bioloss 10

You sure are on a sonic tator tot kick today hahaha

elsa1100 7

She’s a kid and is harmless so the best is to sit her down and let her know why it important to bath,she’ll be the one that’d look for time to bath all the time

I kinda relate to your daughter. I was never that bad. But around that age, probably a little younger, I would just not take showers. Like to the point I'd turn the shower on, stand outside of it, and stick my arm in to at least make it sound like I was showering. Meanwhile, everyone knew because I probably had pretty bad body odor lol. I don't know why I was so anti hygiene, but it was a short chapter of my life. Good luck with your daughter tho.

Dogafin 5

I’m transgender I did this kind of shit because I hated my body. Not saying your daughter is trans but there’s something else going on. Have some compassion.

boostmechanic 2

You have to be the Alpha of your pack, and show her who the dominant one is. Accept he challenge and perform a dual.

At 14 this is not a harmless case of throwing a temper tantrum. There have to be consequences - She loses something important to her like a smart phone or computer access or something like that. If you don’t take control of this situation it’s just going to get worse. While she should certainly take showers and do it by herself, it’s not really appropriate at this age to supervise the shower itself. The sniff test will quickly tell you if she showered or not. And if she has money, a job, or an allowance she should pay for replacing the shower rod if it was not reusable. If this was anything but a one time tantrum, she and you are going to need some family counseling. This is totally beyond the realm of normal.

I hope she got a mental health assessment. If not, do so.