By Ringless - 25/02/2010 21:47 - United States

Today, my fiancée and I were selecting our wedding cake. The wedding is now off since I refused to buy her the "dream" wedding cake she wanted because it was chocolate. She called me childish and cheap. I'm highly allergic to chocolate. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 298
You deserved it 3 610

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

camsham86 0

Both of you are idiots. You deserve each other.

How is he an idiot? He seems like the rational one of the two, the one who isn't a selfish, egocentric and spoiled ****. At least it must have been a huge eye opener for him, and it's better that he realized what kind of person she is right now instead of after the wedding.

shinagami091 0

I dunno if you noticed this or not but we haven't heard her side of the story. I've noticed this a lot in these FMLs that the OPs tend to word things to make them seem like the victim. It's top bad we can't get both sides of the story. If this is all true though, then this is for the best. First this, then a divorce because you leave the toilet seat up.

^ I agree. It's not about the cake, its about his fiance being selfish and dumping him over something stupid that he cannot help. A relationship is about compromise and if the biggest problem in your relationship is "i can't have a chocolate wedding cake because it might kill the groom" and you still flip out over it then there are some deeper issues that Op might not want to deal with.

Dodged a bullet there, bud. Thank your lucky stars.

Better you found out now what she's like than after. She'd want her way or threaten to move out over everything after you were married. This was probably the best warning you could've gotten. Consider it a farewell gift.

you guys are getting married and she didn't know you were deathy allergic to chocolate? hmm

You don't want to marry someone who is more worried about the wedding than you surviving. You should have punched her in the face and hooked up with the cute cake cashier lady. (assuming there was one)

Sounds like you dodged a bullet. Pack up and move on.

Well, you just don't get any cake, then. So selfish. [!]

beckster_05 9

If this is even real, she probably just used the wedding cake as an excuse to cancel or postpone the wedding. Getting married puts a lot of stress on everyone, especially the bride! So, I'd suggest talking with her about your relationship, because she's not behaving like this because of a cake. Oh, and if you're getting married to her shouldn't she know you're allergic to chocolate? The subject must've come up on a date or something before. If you don't do anything about this, then YDI. But FYL if she has a secret lover or something and that's why she canceled the wedding (;

This is one of the more reasonable replies I've seen. It could be a lot of things going on with the Bride right now. Weddings are stressful. Not saying it wasn't a horribly selfish thing to do, or a childish/immature way to go about postponing the wedding, but lets be realistic... not every woman has a secret lover and not every man leads a double life with two wives and a *****. =/

raithex 0

If your fiancée doesn't know about your allergy, then you should've told her a long time ago. But if she knew, then she needs to calm down. Yeah, weddings are VERRRRRY important to women, but she needs to understand that you have an allergy that would prevent her from getting her dream cake. Apologize several times, then tell her she can have her own cake. Get a vanilla groom's cake, as someone previously suggested. But let her have her day. Hopefully, this is going to be her only wedding. Good luck.

hothotheat_ 13

He should "apologize several times" for having an allergy?

"I'm sorry that chocolate will kill me. I'm so horrible and selfish."

@43- Two reasons why he SHOULDN'T apologize: 1) He can't help the fact that he's allergic- he was born with it. 2) He was paying for the wedding , therefore he definitely had a say in what flavor the cake was going to be.

youngwife 2

Hey Ringless! It may hurt now but on the bright side you know now how selfish she can be. So now you can move on with your life. Be very happy you didn't sign your life away. She is a nut.