By Shadyblood - 15/08/2009 04:32 - Puerto Rico

Today, my drunk uncle threw my brand new iPhone 3GS into my pool, ruining it completely. When I asked him to pay for the 600 dollar replacement cost, he said he wasn't responsible for his drunken actions. All of my family members are on his side. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 025
You deserved it 4 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get drunk and drive his car into the lake. Problem solved, after all you can't take responsibility for your drunken actions.

Comments

Most of you people piss me off..."YDI for having a $600 dollar phone" no he don't, maybe it was a gift, maybe it was for work, maybe he just felt like spending some of his own hard earned money on himself as a treat. And then there's "YDI for leaving it unattended with your family" they are his family you freakin idiots...Maybe all of your families steal all of your shit, but not everyones does, I feel comfortable leaving my stuff around my family, and until something like this happens, I will do. If you break his shit, you will get arrested, revenge is not a good defence in any court, best thing you can do, is try and talk to him about it, and if he still refuses to pay up, talk to the police.

isn't there a YouTube video of a guy accudently dropping his iPhone 3gs in his pool while taking a video and it still worked

Alienating your family is going to cost you far more than $600 in the long run, unless you are from a family of hill-billies, as are apparently a lot of commenters on this thread, who think there is something inappropriate about a $600 piece of technology. Suck it up. Move on.

Really? Would you just suck it up and move on if somebody ruined something of yours that you spent your hard-earned money on? If this family is siding with his uncle on this, they aren't worth keeping a relationship with. This guy should not just "suck it up and move on"! If he does that, he'll allow his family to walk all over him in the future. Don't listen to this guy, OP! Fight for your right to your possessions!

Fighting over a $600 piece of metal and plastic is more important than preserving family relationships? Families fights can take decades to overcome. Meanwhile you may have lost access to your best potential investors, business leads, social contacts, etc. Sure the uncle is an ass, and you should tell him that he needs to treat his alcholism. But invest in your own future by rising above it and setting a better example. If it was some random drunk asshole at a party I would be first in line at the small claims court myself.

Dude...hell no. He ******* owes you a replacement, that asshole. :(

Gee, another broken iPhone on FML. Funny how those things are so prone to getting run over, dropped in toilets, thrown into water...

This is an opportunity for you to get a better phone.

fucknemoslife 0

Heres a few things: tell ur uncle getting drunk isnt an excuse to be a dick also if u put ur phone in a bag of rice for a day it works again if those fail get drunk and destroy his car with a baseball bat take his wallet and tp his house hey ur nor responsible for your actions right? :)