By Shadyblood - 15/08/2009 04:32 - Puerto Rico

Today, my drunk uncle threw my brand new iPhone 3GS into my pool, ruining it completely. When I asked him to pay for the 600 dollar replacement cost, he said he wasn't responsible for his drunken actions. All of my family members are on his side. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 025
You deserved it 4 440

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get drunk and drive his car into the lake. Problem solved, after all you can't take responsibility for your drunken actions.

Comments

dont get revenge...go to court ;) seriously, intoxication is NEVER a defense in court so get your money back.

l33tm0nk3y 0

Taking him to court will get you your money, no doubt about it, but you'll probably lose more in court costs than the phone is worth.

FYL for your brand new phone getting ruined, but seeing as you referred to it as an iPhone 3GS instead of just saying iPhone - specific model isn't necessary - you were probably annoying him by bragging about how cool you think you are for owning an iSomething. In which case, I would've thrown it in the pool too.

unixorn 1

and you'd be a douchebag too. Being annoyed at someone is no excuse to trash their stuff.

Marcus86 0

Take one of his credit cards and buy something. then say you were drunk when you did it so you cant be held responsible. Tho if your willing to spend 600 dollars on a phone im sure you can afford a new one.

Would you like to spend $600 to pay for damage to your property caused by a drunken family member? I didn't think so.

Ruin your own families and his houses drunk, and then end all contact with any of them and leave. It'd be so sweet.

I'd say wait until early next May -- just go with me, it's a long plan -- wait until early next May and swipe his credit card. Then treat EVERYONE you know to a crazy Cinco de Mayo! You're all SUUUUPER trashed, having fun, and cannot - by your family's standards - be responsible for your actions! You *are* over 21, right OP? Why not have a really good night, be the most awesome guy around aaaaaaand taste a little revenge?

Tweety122888 0

pr doesn't celebrate 5 de mayo that's Mexico u noob

Your family sucks. Get drunk and trash some of his shit.

Drunken words are sober thoughts. I suppose they'd be on your girlfriend's side if she got drunk and cheated on you...*shakes head*

IronysMe 0

YabsolutelyDI for spending $600 on a phone..go feed a third world country or something else a thousand times more important than a fancy phone with about 4000 applications, only like 10 of which are actually useful...ha...

Unless you go sell your computer and donate the money right now you are a hypocrite.

Do YOU deny yourself any and all luxuries and use the spare money to feed starving third world countries? No, you don't. So shut up and stop being a hypocrite.

I would beat his ass pop his tires break all his windows then kick him in the nuts