By NoBasement4U - 26/11/2015 20:24 - Canada - Medicine Hat

Today, my dad went to a hardware store to replace the broken shower head in my bathroom. He got the cheapest shower head he could find, and so when I took a shower, the shower head burst out and hit me square in the face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 416
You deserved it 2 127

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mds9986 24

I feel like he installed it poorly. Even if it's cheap I don't think that is normal to happen.

New shower heads can be painfully eager to make friends.

Comments

Damn dude that sucks ;( hope it didn't leave any marks good luck with that!

Lol I got an ad for a cheap showerhead when I opened FML after reading this. Seeing what happened to you, I'm not gonna get it :P

You should hang your head in shame, because that pun was just cheap. You need to face that fact, even if it is hard.

the pun was cheaper than the shower head

Naith 14

Tell him not to be such a silly sud.

mds9986 24

I feel like he installed it poorly. Even if it's cheap I don't think that is normal to happen.

I agree. He probably didn't tighten it properly.

It was clearly tight enough for pressure to build under the shower head though, since OP said it burst out

For all we know he may have left it loose on purpose as a practical joke.

It can't have been loose, or it would have simply fallen off, not "burst." It's more likely that the shower head was designed to be used with a lower water pressure, or that the shower head itself has a manufacturing flaw that caused insufficient space for the water to flow through. Maybe even both.

27, it absolutely could have been loose. Think about it: it's on tightly enough that it won't fall off by itself, but will after some water pressure builds up. Especially if he crossthreaded it or stripped the threads.

If it had been loose enough, it would have fallen off without much fanfare once the pressure built up enough.

Brings me back to Home Improvement ahh that Tim Allen. Fyl op.

FalloutScrolls 25

Well you know what they say: If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself.

New shower heads can be painfully eager to make friends.

I bet it blew up when it saw you wet naked *tries to act smooth*

That does not sound pleasent. Hope you're feeling better op.